Jamilton

Footsteps echoed through out the hall as Alexander made his way down the steps to the first floor of the high school. It was during classes, so the hall was empty for the most part- only a student or a teacher or two passed him a few times.

He finished his work, homework, and extra credit assignment (not that he needed it, the teacher was certain he was just showing off at that point, when in reality he was merely taking every opportunity to practice and sharpen his skills.)

But since he finished his work and she refused to give him the next day's assignment, he took off with permission to the library.

Many thought him just a sassy and naturally intelligent troublemaker, but Alexander took every opportunity to envelope himself in literature. Sure a certain portion of brilliance came absolutely natural to the immigrant, but most of his genius came from working hard and studying various topics day and night.

Alex pushed open the heavy door to the library and stepped in.

****

Thomas licked his finger and flipped the page of the book he was reading. Momentarily, he turned to drink in the view from out the window. Fresh snow was thinly layered on the ground, and the nearly barren trees swayed slightly in the chilly breeze.

Thomas let out a soft and relaxed  hum and returned his attention to his book. He remained lost in it's words for some time until the sound of the library door opening aroused his attention.

He raised his head to see Alexander Hamilton step into the library and quietly greet the librarian.

Thomas licked his lips nervously and lifted his book more to look busy as Alexander, not noticing Thomas, turned to walk to the other area of tables in the library. Once Alex's back was to him, Thomas lowered the book again to catch another glimpse of him.

He truly was handsome. Dark, auburn-red hair pulled back into a bun, sharp features and intelligent violet-blue eyes that bore into your very being. Thomas had to use all the might in his body to restrain from acting like a blushing mess when confronting Hamilton in class. Often, that took the form of putting up stone walls and acting above all others.

Thomas cautiously eyed the boy from across the room- my god if he caught me looking...

Thomas let out a long sigh and rested his chin in his hands, closing his book on a single finger to keep his page. He gazed in Alex's general direction, not watching him, but day dreaming.

Oh, if he could have Hamilton...

He imagined the beautiful immigrant lying in his lap, the two curled up on the sofa watching the x files, or snuggled up by the fire with a book. The long intelligent conversations and debates they could have if he could just convince Hamilton he could be civil.

There were so many things the immigrant did that infuriated Thomas, so many ideas that spewed unfiltered from his mouth. But still, such brilliance- raw talent. A certain fiery spirit that thomas was undeniably drawn to like a moth to the flame.

He was head over heels for Alexander. But that was something he could never tell anyone- ever.

Thomas blinked several times when he realized he was staring at Alex- and alex was looking to him across the library in confusion. Thomas felt his face heat up immediately as he panicked-