chapter eleven

Walking home with Dieselwas a breeze. I just wanted to be back home cuddling with him and watching movies in moms bed.

So that's what we did when we got home.

I made us a large bowl of popcorn and picked out a tape to watch. Mom and Dad's wedding night.

It's my favorite thing to watch. Mom looked so happy.

At the beginning of the video, there's a note from my dad in the first clip.

'Okay. Cheyenne, I know you told people we met in college and went on a coffee date. The college part was right, but our first date was I took you to the store to watch the lobsters fight each other in the tank.' - Eric

And it's my favorite part. Then it goes to my grandpa Vernon walking mom down the isle. I will never get that chance.

Just about halfway through the almost five hour tape, me eating popcorn with my dog, and sobbing because I will never find my true love, there was a knock on the front door. Diesel went nuts and ran full force to the front door.

I had to hold him back, along with some tears I'm not gonna lie, to open the door.

There stood Jack and Alex.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked, pulling Diesel back so they could come in.

"Nothin'. You okay?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. I was watching mom and dads wedding video again." I said.

"Let's go watch it then." Jack said.

So, the four of us walked to moms room and watched the wedding tape.

They didn't care that I was sobbing the whole time. Diesel laid his head into my lap, Jack held my hands, and Alex leaned onto my shoulder.

All was well.