Chapter 4 (Light In The Fog)

"Better make sure I don't see Chloe" He said also hanging up. What was I going to get myself into? I only laughed at that thought. I decided not to put on my contacts. Why would I?  I ran to my room and put all my dirty clothes in a basket and sat them in my bathroom. For some reason they kept the water on so I could wash myself and other stuff I needed to do with water.

I brushed my teeth to make sure no one could see the very faint dirtiness of my teeth. I wanted to have friends. I didn't want to be alone, shy, or depressed. And obsessed with a guy that dosen't even know me. I mean he wouldn't even like me. 

I had weird eyes. I had a great body but I hid it to the world. Even in the summer I preferred to have leggins or skinny jeans on. And a T-shirt with a jacket over it.  I mean, I can't even feel anymore. I'm numb inside. I've cried my heart out on more than one ocasion. I can't belive myself for thinking this but, I hope he finds me likeable enough to say a simple 'hi'. Which would lighten up my whole year. 

A car beeped and I jumped. I mentally face palmed myself. I forgot I was expecting company. I ran and opened the door before anyone had knocked. A guy with beautiful brown eyes opened the door. He was built strong and had chesnut hair that looked soft. He had an angular face and I smiled at him.

"Raven?" He asked looking behind me. Once he saw no indication of Chloe being someone he smiled.

"Sorry for not letting you in, it's really hot in here" I said opening the door some more and he cringed when a gust of hot air came through. He didn't stop smiling though. I handed him the 50 dollar bill and put it in his beidge wallet. He then pushed the door more open and sat on my couch which was black and leather.

"Whis is your power out?" He asked as I closed the door, I sat down next to him and sighed.

"My parents are on a vacation and they left me about 500 dollars. They left in January. And after you spend that 50, i'll have only 50 dollars left" I said as he nodded.

"What about food?" He asked as he looked around finding I only had a couch and a rug in the livingroom.

"Rotten and ants were begining to eat the food I had in cabnets so I had to throw it all away" I said as he hugged me. I was dumbfounded, I then learned it was out of guilt and concern.

"Relatives?" He asked I didn't want to tell him, but his eyes told me to.

"Not on this continet" I said and he nodded.

"I'll get the gang while you throw out the old food, i'll bring some new food and snacks and drinks. And by the way are those contacts?" He asked and I shook my head. He smiled once more and left. I then ran to my fridge. I grabbed all the food and put it in a trash bag. I hurried as I put the black trash bag in a trash can so the dumpster people can pick it up. I smiled and sat down as I waited. I got up as a knock enterd my thoughts.

"Hey darlin' " Drew said as he pulled me outside. And on my front lawn, there was the gang. Or what looked like one. A girl with short blone hair was staring at me. She had bright red lipstick on and had her sunglasses on. Her hair was spiked up in a semi-mohawk and was shaved on the sides and they were what I figured was her natural color. She had tattoo's on her wrist and forearm. Her nails were long and french tipped. Her heels were white and they had glitter on them. I have a feeling she likes the crazy style.

She was wearing some glittery white shorts and a black crop top. It had a cat riding a unicorn while shooting out flames on it. Then next to her was a brunette with green eyes. She had dark brown hair with chesnut under-tones but in the light it was a type of red. Her sunglasses were clipped on her Call of Duty shirt. She had glittery black nails. Her eye make up was black and big. Which made her green eyes more noticble.

She had a pair of blue booty shorts with some red heels. And next to her was a boy with dark hair and big blue eyes. He, I assumed, was Mason. He had black skinny jeans on, and a plain white T-shirt. And he was rather striking. He had some red vans and next to him was Drew. He had tattoo's also. He had a Metallica shirt on and regular blue jeans. I looked down and saw I was way under-dressed. I imeditally scolded myself.

"Raven this is-" he pointed to the dark-haired guy"- is Mason" He said as Mason nodded. I smiled and turned to the girls. 

"The blonde is Katie and the brunette is Alice" He said as one laughed, the blonde.

"Drew you could have the decency to actullay tell us her name" Katie said. I noticed it was time for me to speak.

"Raven" I said as Mason looked at me in curiosity. 

"Can we drink the booze now or what?" Alice said looking directlly at Drew. He only nodded and Mason ran to the car. I have a feeling Alice didn't like me. I watched as Katie walked over to me. 

"Alice is only mad because she likes Drew and Drew acts like he likes you" She said as I laughed.

"I wouldn't date Drew, I already have a crush on someone" I said as she smiled.

"I hope you don't mind, but I brung some 'plants' " She said putting emphasis on the word 'plants'. I have a very strong feeling that 'plants' is referring to pot. Mason came back holding two 12 six packs of Corona, and two bottles of vodka and 3 bottles of Jack Daniels Whiskey. I grabbed Jack Daniels, and Mason just stared at me curioslly.

"For real? This is the best whiskey I have ever drunk" I said. And he seemed to belive it. I had never tasted it before though. I just pretended to and they belived it. I smiled and opened it.I could tell Mason was staring at me, so I turned the bottle up and gulped it down. It tasted sweet but bitter. And I loved it. But I felt a little light headed, and my tounge felt a little funny. So I started gulping more, well till some one removed the sweet poison. I looked at Drew, with a raised eyebrow, holding my whiskey. My body felt weird but I was still able to control my movements.

"Give that back!" I said as he laughed.

"No more, Barbie" He said as I glared at him. Then Katie walked over to me, holding a bottle of Corona. She smiled and handed me her drink.

"Have some, it's not as strong as whiskey but a good fix" Katie said as I sipped a little. It tasted a little more bitter than the whiskey but they were alike. And Alice was only sitting on a curb smoking a cigarette. With a bottle of vodka. She looked alone while me and Katie was talking. Mason and Drew was on their phones, and by the edge of my vision, I could see him. He was straing at us from his window. 

"It's a little more bitter too me" I said as she laughed and Alice just glared at me. And I kept watching the flame on her cigarette then a nudge on my side made me face Katie. She handed me a green lighter, she also had a red one in her hand. I stumbled as she pushed me in Alice's direction. Alice looked at me like I was crazy but handed me a cigarette.

"Thanks" I said putting the cigarette between my lips and tried to remember how I seen it happen. I lit the lighter and watched as the flame lit my cigarette. I sucked a breath in, and watched as the smoke come out my nose. I rubbed my nose after the stinging finshed. I kept my coughs down and she smiled.

"So why can't we go inside?" She asked as I laughed and took a puff.

"A/C is out and no power" I said as she nodded. The music started blaring behind me