Chapter 6: Ambitionz Az A Ridah

I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah

Got the police busting at me

I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah...

So many battlefield scars while driving in plush cars

This life as a rap star is nothing without heart

Was born rough and rugged, addressin the mad public

My attitude was 'Fuck it' cause motherfuckers love it

To be a soldier, must maintain composure at ease

Though life is complicated, only what you make it to be....

"Are you coming with me Shaun?" AJ asked the next day as she was getting ready to head down to the studio to see Tupac. Shaundra looked at her out the corner of her eye and turned back to her closet.

AJ walked up behind her and put her hand on her shoulder. "Shaun, what's up with the cold shoulder?" Shaundra sighed then stood up.

"Okay cuz, it's like this. I'm really happy that you and Tupac met and are getting along and made up and he might want more than a friendship and all that stuff but..... " She paused.

AJ cocked her head to the side." But what? "

Shaundra sighed again and ran her hand through her hair." I'm a little jelly okay? I thought he was gonna want me if we met him and I'm a little pissed of that he picked you. Not putting you down or nothing, I'm just used to getting guys I want. " She dropped her head.

AJ reached over and hugged her mom." Shaun, if me being with Pac makes you feel bad then I won't be with him. You're way more important than some guy. Even if it is Tupac Shakur. "

Shaundra smiled a little." Nah kin folk, I wouldn't do that to you. I want you to be happy. " AJ hugged her again." But there's one more thing." AJ drew back and looked at her. "What?"

"He's hiding something. I get a bad vibe from him. It took him too long to get here yesterday after you had that confrontation with Maddy. " Shaundra rushed through what she had to say.

AJ nodded slowly as she thought about what Shaundra said. She had these same thoughts yesterday before Pac showed up. If Shaundra believed it too then maybe there was some truth to it.

" I'm sorry. Don't hate me. " Shaundra apologized." I promise I'm not be petty. I'm just looking out for you. "

" It's okay, I'm not mad. To be honest, I was thinking the same thing before he showed up yesterday. "

"So what are you gonna do? Just ask him about it?"

"Nah I can't do that. I just have to wait and see how things play out. "AJ said.

                         *~*~*~*~*~

AJ walked across the lot to Tupac's trailer. Security outside told her that he had already started filming for the day, but that she could wait for him inside the trailer if she wanted to. AJ said she would just walk around for a while but she would be back later.

With her pass she could get into any lot, so she wandered over to where music videos were usually shot. She wandered around behind the scenes where all of the dressing rooms were. AJ dropped her pass on the floor in front of one of the dressing rooms and bent to pick it up. Right as she was leaning down, when heard the door opening and a second later and somebody knocked her to the ground.

" Ow! Damn that hurt! "

" Sorry, pretty lady! I swear I didn't see you! " The guy who bumped into her held out his hand to help her up. AJ looked into his face. It was Usher! A very cute, very young Usher.

" Umm its okay. It's my fault. " AJ stammered.

" Nah, I should've been watching where I was going. " He flashed her a gorgeous crooked smile." I'm Usher. What's your name baby girl? "

" I'm AJ. "

" AJ? You're too pretty for a name like that. What's your real name ma? "

" Umm Anisa Jhane. But I prefer AJ. "

Usher smiled at her again." I think Anisa Jhane fits you better. A pretty name for a pretty girl. "

AJ laughed nervously and ran a hand through her hair. " Ha ha umm thanks. I appreciate it. " She hated how nervous she sounded.

Usher laughed." Well Anisa Jhane, you seem like a really cool and I'd love to get to know you, but I was supposed to be on set 15 minutes ago. " He grabbed a pen from a PA that was walking by. He wrote his number on AJ's hand.

" Call me sometime, Anisa Jhane, " Usher said as he put the cap back on the pen and walked away.