Chapter Two

~~ A/N- Hey guys, I'm back again for another installment. I'm really happy with the way the last chapter turned out, and I can only hope this one turns out as good! Thank you all for your support!~~

      Hermione walked towards her Head of House's office, feeling slightly nervous. She wasn't sure what she had done to warrant a meeting with the professor. Frantically, she racked her brain for anything she had done the past week that could have anything to do with this, and everything that could have been misinterpreted as misbehavior. However, she found nothing and she internally groaned, 'What did I do?'. Hermione sighed, slumped her shoulders, and accepted her fate.

     Too soon she had reached Professor McGonagall's office, shaking with nerves. Taking a deep breath, Hermione knocked on the door. To her surprise, instead of being called inside, the professor merely walked to the door and opened it.

     "Ah, Ms. Granger, good timing," she said cheerily. "Oh, Mr. Zabini, you're here too, excellent." At this, Hermione started, unaware the Slytherin had been following her, "Well, have a seat you two," she said, gesturing to two chairs opposite her desk. Rather nervously, Hermione sat down, while Zabini slid into his chair easily, totally collected.

     As Professor McGonagall sat down, her cheerful demeanor slid away. "Children, do the two of you have any siblings?" Confused by the randomness of the question, Hermione only shook her head. However, to her side, Zabini straightened and said, "Yes, ma'am I do. In fact, I have the- sorry, two." 

     The professor turned, pleasantly surprised by Zabini's mistake. "You almost said you had three siblings, Mr. Zabini. Care to elaborate?" Instead of replying, Zabini simply shook his head. The professor hummed and said. "Please. I would like to know where you got your information from."

     Hermione twiddled her thumbs, very confused as to where the conversation was going. Sullenly, Zabini looked up at Professor McGonagall, sighed, and started talking.

     "Well, my mother and father always told me fascinating stories. Stories from all over the world, about all sorts of different things. However, the topic I heard about most frequently was a twin. My twin sister, specifically. My parents always spun such detailed stories about her, mainly activities we partook in during our youth. I remember I wanted the stories to be real so badly, I honestly started to think they were. I can faintly remember her, but every time I do, I am forced back into the cruel reality in which she does not exist." Zabini said this all rather quickly and towards the ground, seemingly embarrassed.  

     Professor McGonagall smiled serenely, nodding along with his story. Looking happily at the pair, she took a deep breath, bracing herself, and began to speak. "Mr. Zabini, I believe I have some good news for you." Zabini looked up at the professor, clearly mystified. "You see children, I have recently received news that these stories are true, and I know for a fact that she is at Hogwarts!" Zabini looked skeptical, but Hermione was still trying to figure out where she came to play in all of this.

     "Professor, I don't mean to seem rude, but why am I here, exactly?" asked the very confused Gryffindor.

     "Why Ms. Granger! You are one of my top students, and I honestly thought you would have figured it out already!" exclaimed the professor. Turning to Zabini, she asked, "You figured it out, haven't you?" Looking up at Professor McGonagall, Zabini slowly nodded, comprehension dawning one this face.

     Still confused, Hermione looked expectancy at her teacher. "You will tell me, won't you?"

     Chuckling slightly, the Transfiguration teacher turned to Zabini, "You don't mind telling her, do you?" Shaking his head, Blaise Zabini turned to his peer. "Gran- er, Hermione, I think you are my twin sister!" 

~~A/N- Ooh, cliffhanger! Sorry, it's short guys, I'm just really proud of it, and anxious to get it out there, so HERE IT IS! I would've continued, but I think Hermione's reaction should be saved for the next chapter. Sorry if you guys disagree, that's just my writing process. Anyway, again, you guys have to know that I own nothing but the plot, and everything else goes to my idol, J. K. Rowling. Hope you liked it!~~

-IronSword56 :D