6: blubbering

I packed my bag as Ethan pulled stuff out of it telling me I shouldn't do this to him and that everything was fine when I knew it wasn't.

I needed Grayson but I didn't need his ex as well. Once my bag was packed I hugged Ethan goodbye and covered my mouth as I began to cry. I left the apartment complex in Grayson's sweatshirt and some skinny jeans.

As soon as I got into the Uber I received a message from Ethan asking if I was doing this so I ignored the message and silently cried in the back of the Uber. There was no doubt about it that Ethan had already called Grayson to tell him that I was on my way to the airport but I had to avoid him at all costs.

I felt like I had an angel on one shoulder telling me to turn around and go back to cry to Ethan about it but on the other shoulder a devil was sat and was telling me to rip the heart out of Grayson. If this was a movie, I could bet that 'Someone like you' by Adele would be playing right now.

When I reached the airport departures entrance I could see Grayson standing by the check in desk looking around with his eyes red and heavy with flushed cheeks which was usually caused by excessive crying.

I was cruel.

I looked right at him as he stood there with his head darting around the room and going onto his tip toes trying to see over everyone.

At that moment, my angel's choice changed, they wanted me to run over to him and cry to Grayson about how wrong I was.

My devil didn't change. I flicked the devil off my shoulder and walked over to him whilst wiping my eyes with the long sleeves of the jumper. I felt such a weight fall onto my shoulders since I was about to leave him and be gone forever. Imagine what everyone would think of me. Imagine the connection that Grayson and I had disintegrated and broke apart into millions of particles. I would hate myself forever.

Grayson looked in my direction and I don't think he knew it was me at first since my hair was tied back in a low ponytail and I had my face covered by the balloon sleeves of the jumpers.

"Ava?" was the last thing I heard before my face fell into his chest and I think his t-shirt looked as if he had entered a wet t-shirt competition and won first place,

"oh my god Ava," he said as his arms wrapped around my back,

"I'm so sorry," I blubbered into his top, "I don't know why I wanted to leave," I lied.