Chapter 16: High speeds

ANDREW'S POV

A FEW HOURS EARLIER

THE FIGHT

He began to walk near me angrily. He threw a weak left hook and missed me as I dodged. He then threw a right hook in almost the same matter.  He stopped and looked at me while going into boxing position. Putting his arms up to block any other punch I would throw at him. People began to cheer ruthlessly as they craved for a fight. Chris then threw one more punch directly heading for my nose.

"Make sure they won't forget the Angst family name."

I rose my hand and stopped his punch by holding it with my hand. I then looked at him directly in his eyes. Its about time people found out who I really am. Who Andrew Angst Martian Really is. I looked at him and smiled charmingly. Silence filled the parking lot as Everyone gasped. Chris began to get nervous. His once cocky smile turned into a regretful and nervous frown.

Chris: what the fuck...

Andrew:...

Chris: l-let me go! Faggot!

Andrew: this "faggot", has a name Christopher...and his name is Andrew Angst.

I turned his arm around and twisted him as I smiled devilishly. I let go of his hand but I push him near me and I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I rose him up To slam him on the ground but then Chris began to yell for help repeatedly. I felt nothing but wanted people to fear me so I mimicked someone in anger and slammed Chris on the hood of his car which was parked next to mine. I caught a glimpse of Jordan who was smiling. I now know why I had a bad feeling about him and I'm glad I followed my cousins advice and not tell the girls. I don't want them to be included. I Rose my fist as I got ready to make him feel true pain. But before anything could happen I felt someone turn me around. I spun and looked at the person. Peter. My dear lucky ungrateful cousin.

Peter: bro, I know you're pissed and I get that you want to pummel this dumbass

he said pointing at Chris but not breaking eye contact with me.

Peter: But I think he's had enough

I turned to look at Chris and remembered all the times he's hurt my Emerald. I then turned to my cousin who looked at me in a pety matter.

Peter: Don't stoop down to his level dude.

I heard Peter's girlfriend, Melanie, then whisper to her friend.

Melanie: that's my baby right there. Standing up to weirdo's like that faggot.

I took a deep breath. Everything I've ever done...All the people I've tried to maintain happy...All the effort I put into being normal...wasted and gone. It doesn't matter anymore. I want to be happy for once. I felt that with Emerald but...I also wanted to be treated normal. And if being treated normal means being more like my cousin and break her heart like he's done or having the courage to side with the bad guy over you're own damn family. Then I knew what I had to do next. I pushed out of the circle and ran away into the school halls. I heard all of their insults and witty remarks in my head over and over again as I continued to run.

freak

weirdo

faggot

twerp

nerd

I ran into the school theater and heeded to my spot. I always went there whenever I felt like I didn't belong or whenever I needed to clear my head. So you could expect me to head there really often. I heard Someone open and close the doors behind me. I looked behind me really quick as I climbed the metallic stairs heading towards the rooftop  and Emerald down below about to start climbing the stairs. She struggled to catch up but I knew she could.