The Fighters

"Mom! I'm going to go to school now! Bye! " I yelled as I shut the front door. I heard a faint, "bye honey," as I left. I guess I should introduce myself... My name is Alexis Elisha Parker aka Alex. I am currently 17 and I like the color blue.  I don't take BS and I have a hobby. A hobby that not many people know about me...and that is simply that I fight. I am known as Shadow in the MMA and underground street fighting. Yeah. I am that tough!

      Anyways! I ran to my bike since I decided to be a lazy butt and sleep late. But hey! Who doesn't love sleep?

       I jumped onto my Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and rode off to school. It didn't take very long, just about 15 min and I was whizzing into the parking lot of Eastbreak High. See I'm from Minnesota but I moved to California with my family 4 years ago.

        I ran into the school and stopped at the office to get a note. "Late again Ms. Parker?" The secretary sighed as she signed me in. I didn't pay here any attention and just left, seeing as how she has already signed me in I saw no reason to stay and have a "friendly chat," or whatever she wanted.

       I walked to my locker and put in my combo. I put in my bad and took out my math book slamming my locker door shut with a bang!

      Finally I got to my math teachers door and didn't bother to knock as I strolled in and right to my seat. Everyone stared at me as I walked which really kinda bothered me since they should just be used to this by know since I do this practically everyday! This could be my tradition for gosh sake! "Ms. Parker! Do you have a reason for being late this time?" Yelled my lovely math teacher. *note the sarcasm... This old hag needs to retire already! I swear she's ready to die just with her lectures, and her voice!? Don't even get me started on it! "Ms. Parker! I am talking to you!" Oops! I zoned out on her! "I'm sorry ma'am it won't happen again." I just about fell into my seat and sat there as she stared, well more like glared at me from the front. She's never really liked me and I have no clue why.. Although it may be because of my brother. He can be annoying to some or well.. all of his teachers. Now you may wonder why I take all this from her since I could easily kick her ass but the thing is...I don't want people to know who I really am. You see "Shadow" wears a hood and mask when she fights. Most people don't even know Shadow is a girl!

        I heard laughing coming from beside me and looked to my right. Of course! Ladies and gentlemen... Lance Arther! My brother's best friend. My brother or well older brother, Matt, is 18 and so is this dimwit. Lance has always gotten on my nerves since i moved here. "What!?!" I snapped. "Nothing." He chuckled. Ugh does he think I'm stupid!? Obviously its something or he wouldn't have laughed! People don't usually start laughing for no reason! Well I guess some do but we all know where they are put... I voiced my thoughts, "Obviously it's something nimrod!" "Oh nimrod? Very original!" He drawled.  Now you may be wondering why I'm in the same math class as Lance. Especially since he's a year older. Well simply put, I'm good at it so I am in advanced math.

*BRRINGG!*

     I practically ran out of that classroom! Although my next class was chemistry and well...not my best. I was walking to my locker when all of a sudden I'm shoved from behind and pulled into someone. "Alex!" Well look at that! It's my best friend Becca. I've known Becca ever since I came to East-break. She was a energetic girl with reddish hair that I was jealous of. Guys chase after her left and right and it's actually very funny! "Where were you this morning Alex ?" Becca's voice broke me out of my thoughts. Dang I zone out a lot! " oh about that..," I give her a guilty smile, " I kinda overslept and had to break about five traffic laws to get here close to the time school started." She laughed. Laughed! " I expected as much! At least you're here." We talked while we walked to our next class since we had it together. "Oh! Did you hear the news?"

   "What?" I sighed. It seems like she ALWAYS has gossip or as she says news.  "Damien is coming here!" She excitedly says. "Who?" I have no clue who that is! She gasps, oh no here we go... "What do you mean who?! Damien! Damien Clark!" I stare at her, by now we have already walked through the door to chemistry, and I still don't know who she's talking about. "I don't know who you're talking about Becca. Are you sure I know him?" She looked in thought for a second and then realization dawned on her, "ohhh yeah! He left before you got here!" "Okay so that's what, but I still don't get what is so important about this." Becca looked at me like I was an idiot, "because he's coming back and"

*BRRINGG!!*

Wow talk about great timing. I guess the world may never know who this Damien character dude is. Oh well! We sat down at our desks, Becca in the desk behind me with her chemistry partner and menby myself in front of her. You see we don't get to pick where we sit in this class either so I wasn't able to be next to Becca. But I was able to sit in front of her, so that is a plus!

  Just then then door slammed open with a bang! The entire class looked to the door including me and what I saw surprised me. A boy walked in, who am I kidding!? A man! Yes a man walked in and started talking to the teacher. I wasn't able to pay attention though because I had a constant kicking on my chair by a very annoying best friend right now. So like any normal person I turned around, "What?!" I whisper screamed to Becca. She looked at me and was about to reply to me when Mr. Olson suddenly spoke up, "okay well then you may sit next to Ms. Parker over there. Ms. Parker! Raise your hand!" I turned around and looked at him then slowly raised my hand. The new guy then walked over to me and sat in the chair next to me. I raised an eyebrow but didn't say a word.

       Truthfully now that I get a good look at him I can definitely say that he is damn good looking! I looked over his soft dark brown hair and smooth lips and greyish green eyes. Wow I have never seen that shade of eye color before!  He was wearing a leather jacket and underneath a black T-shirt with black pants and brown ankle boots. He was wearing a dog tag and you could see an 8 pack through his shirt. You could also see a hint of a tattoo underneath his one sleeve of his jacket. This guy definitely worked out! I was interupted by a husky deep voice. Huh? "See something you like babe?" Oh its him... Wait what's his name? I voiced my thoughts, "who are you?" Wow good going Alex! Now he's gonna think you're a weirdo! Wait why would I even care what he thinks? He just looked at me and chuckled. "Damien, and you?" "Alex." Wait is this the same Damien that Becca was talking about?

     "Interesting name,"  He said. Thank God he didn't say something stupid like ,"isn't that a boys name?" Ugh I hate when people say that because obviously I am not a boy and it's my name!

       After that we both turned to the teacher and didn't say anything more. Although I was curious if this Damien was the guys that Becca seemed excited about... I guess I'll have to ask her.