Part 15: Who Helped Us

After few hours I couldn't just lay down anymore so I decided to go outside. I was expecting everyone to be there. But actually nobody was. They are probably busy. Who knows what we missed. The wound still hurts. Corinne said it was silver, but I can't remember who did that. My mind was full of voices, but I couldn't figure who they belong to. Suddenly a loud sound hit my ears. It was Max. He flied to me, almost knocking me down on the ground. 

''Hey pal, I missed you too.'' He started to jump around happily. Everything was silent. Suddenly my vision became blurry then everything became black.  

"Stop this!! Don't let him kill her please let them go!!!" That voice. It sounds so familiar yet so strange. As if I heard it before. But I can't remember the face. I didn't even see it. "Who let her to come in here?!", "Please don't do this! He will kill her!!", "Why do you care about her? Or...you care about him?..." silence came next then whispers. "I will do anything...please", "Then don't let him to kill her" shap pain went through the wound. 

Suddenly my eyes opened. ''Wow easy! You're okay, you're okay!'' I turned my head towards the person ''Willow?'' she nodded ''What happened?'' I looked around, I was in my house. ''Hayden?'' my eyes went back towards her ''Are you alright? You look like you saw a ghost...'' As I tried to stand up she pulled me back down on the bed ''Don't even think about it'', ''I'm fine'' I tried to stand up again, but she pulled me back again.

I groaned ''You're not going anywhere until you answer me'' a heavy sigh escaped my mouth ''Then?'', ''I didn't saw a ghost'' she looked at me seriously. ''That wasn't my only question and you know that'' I sighed again ''I'm fine, I just...'', ''You just what?'', ''It was like memory attack'' her eyebrows raised ''Memory attack?'', ''From yesterday, when I turned'', ''What did you remember?'' her voice sounded more silent than usually. 

''Voices, Jayden was talking'', ''It would be weird if he wasn't. He was the only one talking?'' It finally came to my mind. If I didn't saw person's face I know who did. I stood up before Willow could pull be back and hurriedly walked outside. ''Hayden wait! Where are you going?!'' I didn't turn back, just continued walking. ''To find out who was another person'' She continued to follow me. I walked to Corinne's house. 

''Corinne!'' Willow came next to me. Corinne opened the door. ''Hayden, Willow? Something happened?'' I noded ''Yes...'', ''What is it?'' I looked in her eyes ''Who was the person who stabbed me?'' I thought her eyes will widen, show any feeling, but they didn't. She just stood there looking at me. ''I don't know. It was too dark. I couldn't see her face...'' her face ''So it was a girl?'' She nodded ''Yes'', '' Nobody spoke her name?'' she shook her head ''No, I would remember if they did. Why?'' 

I sighed. Why would someone try to do that? ''I remembered what happened, but I can't remember person's face. She stood there in silence, Willow too. As if they don't dare to talk. ''Why are you asking about her?'' Corinne was the first who broke the silence. ''Why would she save us if she doesn't know us?'', ''I don't know...'' She isn't telling me somethng. If I didn't see she had to. 

I just turned and walked towards my house. Willow wasn't following me, she stayed with Corinne. I had to clear my mind. I went to Max and flew off. Girl's voice was following me. It spoke in my mind. I couldn't connect voice with face. She's the one who stabbed me. I doubt Jayden would let us go. He would never do that. He wanted me under his control. So it must be her. After she stabbed me and everybody left she helped Corinne to get our dragons and Corinne took me back. Whoever she was, she's probably in big trouble because of that. Why would she risk being killed because of us? My mind was full of questions. I hated that. I felt weak. I couldn't answer on any of them. 

The moon was bright. I didn't even notice how nice it was to feel free again. We were closed on that ship for more than two weeks. Freedom seemed so far away. And now I was free, but I don't know how. I need to find her. I need to find the person who felped us, if she's still alive. I'll find her even if I have to be captured on that damn ship again. 

Next morning I came back on  Dragons Edge. Willow was walking towards me ''Where have you been all night?'', ''Not here'' she frowned ''You're telling me the obvious'', ''Still I answered'' she couldn't go against that. ''Hayden I'm serious, we were worried.'' I raised an eyebrow ''We?'' she nodded. ''Everybody, except maybe Snotlout...'' I couldn't help, but let myself smile. ''Obviously'', ''I bet you're hungry, come, we're just having breakfast.'' I followed her to the others. As the doors opened they all looked at me. 

'I'm sorry for making you guys worried.. I just had to clear my mind...'' Hiccup nodded ''We're glad you're fine'', ''We all are, right?'' Astrid punched Snotlout with elbow. ''Ouch! Yes we are!'' We all laughed. As we were eating it seemed like when I came and they started to believe me. It felt nice. No worries, no troubles. It's nice when you're surrounded with friends. But we all know it's just a curtain. When you move it troubles are flying like bullets and it's impossible to avoid them. So we need to deal with them.