Part 28: The Biggest Mistake

I was running first, Corinne and Willow following me. I remembered the way Corinne lead me. "Hayden slow down, you will bump into something!" I could hear Willow yelling behind me, but I didn't listen "We're almost there" I continued to run. When I stopped they almost bumped into me. I just turned around and looked at them "What's wrong?" Willow looked at me confused "They're gone...", "What do you mean they're gone?" Corinne asked and pushed me aside to stand on my place "What? Where could they go?", "Maybe we went the wrong way" Willow asked and Corinne shook her head "No, they were right here. How could they just dissappear?!"

"Jayden. I'm sure he knows something", "But he acted normal..." She looked at Willow and me, seriousness written on her face "No matter where they went, we will find them again" they looked at me and no one of them said a word. "Let's go back..." I started walking and they followed me in silence. Where could they go? Does he know we found them? If he does, how did he find out? I lost the feeling of time, I was so lost in my mind, a sound of someone else walking close to us didn't bother me at all.

"Hey" suddenly Jayden appeared in front of us. Corinne jumped a bit. I was surprised too, but I didn't want to show it. "Jayden?" her voice was quiet while Willow and I stood silent looking at him. "What is my lovely wife doing in the woods with you two in this time of the day. Or should I say this time of the night?" a fake smile was on his face, his green eyes looking through us. "We wanted to hang out with our old friend. Since she got married we didn't have time to talk to her like friends or talk to her at all" Willow said, anger heard in her voice.

He laughed a bit "I apologize, Willow. You should just say so" she crossed her arms "I just did" he looked at her then at me "You also wanted to hang out with your old friend?" His words irritated me, but that is exactly what he wanted. "Friends actually, Willow is here too, so you have no reason to be worried" he nodded "I don't doubt in that" he pulled Corinne by her waist close to him. She looked down, not looking pleased about it. I wasn't happy neither. I was at the edge of my nerves. "If you talked about everything you needed, can I get my wife back? It's late and I'm sure you two should go to your houses too. Tomorrow is a new day, you don't want to be tired", "Of course. Who would took her when she has a husband like you"

Willow looked at me as if trying to silent me. I just smiled and he smiled back. "I hope others thinks like you do", "I'm sure they do" Corinne looked at me for a moment then her eyes went to the ground again. "Then...goodnight you two" he started walking to Berk, still holding Corinne by her waist "Goodnight Corinne!!" Willow yelled "Goodnight..." she answered quietly. Before they left she looked at me again with sadness in her eyes. I don't know why, but suddenly I felt an urge to stop her from going with him, but I didn't. I know it would be wrong. When they were far away Willow groaned "I hate him!", "Tell me about it" I tried to stay calm and started walking back to Berk. "Where are you going?", "As Jayden said, we should rest. Tomorrow is a new day" she followed me and laughed "Yeah right. As if you would listen to him" it made me smile.

"Of course I wouldn't, but right now I don't have smarter business to do since he is still ahead of us and tonight is a full moon" she walked next to me while kicking stones from her way "Wait..full moon? How come that you're still human and yourself?", "I guess I forgot to mention that I learned to control it, but still not too well so I should stay home for the rest of the night" she nodded "You really think he found out?" this time I nodded "Yeah, if he didn't he wouldn't take them to another place", "What are you going to do now?", "I need another plan...", "Yeah, but first we need to find where he took them, and I believe it won't be easy", "You're right. It won't be". When I came home Max was looking happily at me. A sigh escaped my mouth "He knows we found out so he took them to another place" his expression changed and he looked at me angrily. "I know, I know, don't worry we will find them" he started to walk towards another room "Hey Max! Come back here!" but he continued to walk completely ignoring me. I sighed and sat on a chair. I tried to think of a plan while trying not to lose control.

Hours were passing and I couldn't think of anything. Not even a single idea came into my mind. Suddenly I heard someone knocking on the door. Who could it be at this time of the night? Tonight? "Come in" few seconds later Corinne came. My eyes widened "Hey" I stood up and walked to her "Hey?", "I'm sorry I know I shouldn't come...", "Then why are you here?" she looked at me "I couldn't be there with him anymore, I just..need you..." I felt like insides of my stomach swirled. "Need me?" she stepped closer putting her arms around my neck, but I quickly catched her hands stopping her. "What are you doing?" she looked at me with pleading eyes "Hayden..."

I let go of her hands "You know it's wrong. What happened yesterday was an accident", "An accident?" she asked and I nodded. She continued to talk "We both know it was far away from an accident" I growled under my breath "So? Even if what you're saying is true what then?" she stepped closer again "Then what is the problem? Why don't you kiss me again?", "The problem is..." I said as I leaned towards her "If I do that, I don't think I'll be able to stop" her face was inches from mine. "I wouldn't want you to" I let out a sigh of frustration and made a step back "We can't, it's not right! We're gonna hate ourselves in the morning" this time she sighed "We, or you? I think it's time for you to admit that you can't be away from me. I can't be away from you" I stood there silent, looking at her. Her voice was driving me crazy as if it is hypnotizing me. Even if I'm inside the house I can feel the full moon outside. As if it is waiting for me, but I don't want to change, I can't, not now "Corinne, you have to leave..." she didn't listen "Tell me, what do you want?" her voice started to sound like an echo "I want..." I was fighting with my mind, trying to take a hold of myself. "What do you want?" she asked again, my breath got stuck in my throat "You..." my voice was quieter now. I felt like I was in some kind of a trance. She took a step closer to me and looked in my eyes. "Then you can have me."