Silence Breaking - RobThier

Family - the most important thing in the world, right? If it's your own, maybe. But if it's the family of the incredibly powerful, incredibly alluring businessman with whom you've been conducting a secret office affair, and they don't yet know about the affair, things are a little bit different.

Life is about to get real for Lilly Linton. All those stolen moments behind closed doors, those secret kisses and whispered words are about to catch up with her. As she and her boss, business-magnate Rikkard Ambrose, travel north to his parents' palatial estate, she is about to discover whether she has the strength to step out of the shadows and change her fate forever.

Volume four of the award-winning "Storm and Silence" series

Title: Silence Breaking
Author: Rob Thier
Genre: Romance, historical fiction
Status: Ongoing (as of Jan 1, '18)
Rating: 10/10, but really, did you expect anything less??

I'm back again with the fourth book in Rob Thier's amazing 'Storm and Silence' series. The previous chapter in this book talks a little about the previous 3 in the series (+ novella), which are all worth your time and are highly recommended reads (so definitely read them first and continue on to this one).

So, despite my little Wattpad hiatus and lack of updates, I've still been here lurking and reading. I'm still just as hooked on this amazing series and routinely read the newest update every Wednesday night (Australia time). It has definitely helped me get through 2017, giving me something little to look forward to each week!
I'm not going to ramble too much, so I'll just say that it is, shock horror, an amazing story. Without spoiling anything, I love the character development and how it doesn't seem rushed or unbelievable (unlike some books *cough cough* where characters experience a complete 180° flip personality/beliefs/morals-wise overnight) and I especially like how characters from previous books are being brought back to shake things up. As always, it is beautifully and eloquently written, and as a result is very easy to read and lose yourself in. And as a history nerd, I always love the obvious research and thought put into making it as historically accurate as possible.
I am unhealthily obsessed with the romances in the novel, and have to hold back tears at every sweet or saucy scene because it just reminds me of how unbearably single I am.
But anyway, you will not regret reading this book (or the series if you haven't begun it yet). It is highly, highly HIGHLY recommended.