Cᴀssɪᴇ || Fɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

The fire was hot enough to cause the skin along my arms to sizzle, singeing the hair

The fire was hot enough to cause the skin along my arms to sizzle, singeing the hair. It roared, snarling like a living creature, gobbling up everything in its path.

She was on the ceiling, blood pooling around her stomach, her expression pantomiming fear and agony, frozen in a terrified scream.

The nightmare was longer than last time. He spoke again. He made himself known this time. I saw him. I saw him in the corner of my eye.

You're mine, sweetheart. All mine.

Who are you? What do you want?

Your future.

Beady yellow eyes shattered my sight. They were all I saw. The screams. The fire. It all intensified, deafening me and blinding me and burning my skin to a crisp. My screams were drowned out by hers.

Mom

I woke up with, startled, and with a gasp.

"Okay, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here."

I swung stumbling legs out of the car on the other side of the brothers, planting shaky feet on the ground and bracing my elbows on my knees. God, please, don't let my lunch come back up. It was a damn good burger.

"We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought," Sam continued his drone.

"Yeah," Dean noted. "Problem is we're not going to Pennsylvania."

"Wait, what?"

"I just got a call from an old friend. Her father was killed last night." I heard footsteps move around to my side of the car. "She thinks it might be our kind of thing."

"What?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah, believe me," the driver's side door creaked opened, "she never would've called, never, if she didn't need us." It slammed, jolting me. "C'mon, Sera, we gotta move."

I ordered my feet, my body, to move, but it resisted. Breathing was a challenge, coming out in ragged breaths. I jumped when a hand rested on my knee, and I looked up into kind, brown eyes. "Sera?"

I shook Sam's hand free from my knee, my body finally responding. "I'm fine."

He didn't push any further, instead watching me with a questioning look. Or was it one of worry.

The Impala roared to life, and we got on the road, passing the highway that led to Pennsylvania and instead driving down the route towards Missouri.

I pressed my back to the driver's side door, bringing my legs up to my chest to brace the sketchpad on my thighs. I traced out what I saw—those piercing yellow eyes.

You're mine, sweetheart. All mine.

Your future.

What had he meant by that? What the hell was he talking about? Who was he?