23.

After the dining room was done, and it took them forever to put it together. We all sit in the living room waiting for Sawyer to finish dinner. Dylan sits beside me with arm behind leaning over my shoulder and we watch Viola and Cody play the game. I'm not sure why this is so amusing but I just enjoy being next to Dylan.

"Viola, you suck dude" Dylan says.

"Shut up Dylan" Viola says and we laugh. Dylan pulls out his phone and I glance over and he was reading the screen.

"You okay?" I asked and he looks at me.

"Yea, I'm fine?" he said standing up. Dylan walks out of the living room and goes back towards his room.

"Dinner is ready!" Sawyer says. We all get up from the living room, like we're a bunch of little kids and we go into the kitchen.

"About fuckin time Sawyer" Naomi says.

"Well... if I had some help, it'll been done a lot sooner" she says and I laugh. I look over to see Cole was giving Kinks more food. I was behind Cody as he made his plate.

"Cody... I thought you had to work today? Or job shadow?"

"I called in sick" Cody said and I stare at him.

"That's unlike you" I answered.

"I was just tired and I didn't want to go in" he says going to sit down.

"What did you guys do last night that made Cody so tired Sawyer?" Naomi asked and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up Naomi" Sawyer says and I grab my food and went to sit down.

"Alright... I'll see you guys in a little" someone says and I look at Dylan. He was carrying his book-bag and he looks at me.

"You're leaving?" I asked.

"Yea... I'll be right back" he answers.

"Where are you going?" Viola asked.

"Out" Dylan says turning around.

"Dylan..." I said after him. I get up and I follow him to the front. "Dylan" I say again and he turns around.

"What?"

"Come on. Where are you going?"

"I just said out?"

"Can I come with you?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because I won't be long, I'll be back"

"Dylan..."

"Josephina, what the hell? Chill the fuck out. I'm not going to go see Ava if that's what you're thinking" he says and I stare at him.

"Fine, whatever" I said turning around and Dylan grabs my arm.

"I'm sorry. I just need to head out. Okay? I'll be back"

"Okay" I said looking at him. He walks up to me kissing my forehead then turns around and walks out the door. I stare at the door and I shake my head. Feels great to spend some quality time with Dylan... not. I turn around and walk back in the dining room and sat down.

"Josephina, we all just decided to go bowling tonight!"

"Oh. That sounds fun" I smiled and started eating. Everyone carries on conversations and my mind rolls back to Dylan. Is it ever going to be normal with him? After dinner, I got up and went to get dress. I bend down and look through my bags as I search to find something to wear.

"See I didn't take long, right?" someone says and I turn around to see Dylan coming into my room shutting the door.

"Where do you go? Like seriously?"