Part 17

"How ya doing, El?" Zack asked, sitting next to me on the couch.
"Been better." I admitted, and he offered me some of his water. "Thanks."
"Hey can you go get your dad and Jack, and Rian, I need to tell you guys something." I nodded and ran up stairs.
"Dad! Jack! Rian!" I yelled. Alex came out first, very alert, as if I was dying. I shrugged as I thought of recent events. For all he knows I could be dying. Jack and Rian came our at the same time, both rubbing their eyes.
"What the hell guys it's noon." Alex laughed at them. Everyone else was wearing jeans and was already dressed. Rian was wearing pajama pants and no shirt, Jack was wearing boxers and a super old t shirt.
"Fuck off." Jack muttered, and we all raced down the stairs.
"Hi." Zack said, giving questionable looks to Jack and Rian.
"I've already talked to them." Alex sighed.
"Ok, well I'm moving to Hawaii." Zack spat out quickly.
"Really." I asked, and he nodded. "I'm gonna come visit you every other weekend, and I'm gonna spend 2 weeks with you every summer, and,"
"Ella." Alex laughed, cutting me off. "Good for you man."
"Thanks dude." Zack stood up and hugged Alex, then Jack and Rian.
"Is now a bad time to say I'm moving to Nashville." Rian announced.
"Wait." I groaned. "Both of the smart ones are leaving."
"I'm sorry, El." Rian laughed, hugging me.
"Anyone else want to announce their departure from the All Time Low house?" Alex joked.
I raised my hand, "Is moving in with Za-"
"No, El." Alex picked me up, and lightly threw me on the couch, through my laughs. "El, can you go upstairs for a little bit so we can talk."
"Go watch Straight to DVD." Jack suggested.
"Do not watch Straight to DVD." I heard Alex slap Jack, as I walked up the stairs.
I didn't go to my room though, I sat on the stairs just out of their vision and listened to the conversation.
"I'm scared." Was the first thing out of Alex's mouth. "Did you guys hear what happened last night. I was up with Ella at like 3 am or something because she was having a nightmare. And, and I couldn't do anything." His voice cracked and he broke down.
"It's okay. She's okay. Everything is okay." Rian said immediately.
"I just don't know how I'm gonna do it if I keeps happening." Alex cried. "I just don't know how I can make her not hurt and that hurts me." His breath quickened and I wanted to run downstairs and hug him.
I walked down the stairs, "Dad?" I asked, he quickly looked up, wiping his eyes and calming himself.
"Ella, I thought I told you to go upstairs."
"El, please go upstairs." Jack said.
"No." I glared at him. "Dad come on. We're going upstairs."
I dragged him upstairs and made him sit under the bed with me.
"Dad. You don't have to be strong for me all the time." I hugged him, tightly, just like he does for me.
-
-
-
Do you all want a happy or sad ending ?