In Another Lifetime

This story is Angst.

🌻🌻🌻

Jeon Jungkook was the new hot guy most of the girls in the campus are talking about. He was a freshman who became famous instantly after he auditioned at the school's chorale. His visuals were only a bonus, as everyone says.

On the other hand, Kim Taehyung was a sophomore who is well-known for being part of the school's official band. Everyone in the campus adores him not only for being Bangtan's lead vocalist but also because of being compassionate towards other people.

Taehyung has been keeping an eye on Jungkook ever since he saw the younger on the first day of school. He was actually planning on asking Jungkook out on a friendly date, yet he backed out from his plan after Jungkook became popular. It was unlikely of Taehyung to lose his guts. He suddenly felt he was going to be turned down when he didn't even try to make a move.

Taehyung have always had Jungkook in his mind. He tried to date some girls to get the younger off of his system yet it didn't really work. Taehyung actually regretted not being able to tell Jungkook at first that he likes the younger. And now that he's ready to man up, he sees his co-member (of the band, Bangtan) Jimin kneeling in front of Jungkook, asking the younger to be his boyfriend.

When Jungkook and Jimin became official, Jungkook started hanging out with Bangtan and it was the only time Taehyung got a chance to talk with him. As the days passed, the two really got close to each other but Taehyung knew he had to bury his feelings for Jungkook because the younger was already in love with someone else.

Whenever Jimin and Jungkook had a fight, the latter would always run to Taehyung because Taehyung was the only one he trusts as much as he trusts Jimin. Taehyung, who was already whipped for Jungkook, would always say that 'everything will be okay' and give advices that would sometimes make his heart clench. He wished he was the one Jungkook loved and maybe by then, Jungkook won't have to hurt this much.

When Jimin and Jungkook broke up, Jungkook started avoiding Bangtan, even Taehyung. He was hurting so much that he couldn't bare being close to even just Jimin's friends. He knows it was wrong to avoid Bangtan because they were so good to him, but he needed to in order to move on.

Taehyung was saddened when Jungkook didn't get to join them for lunch anymore. He tried approaching the younger but the younger would always excuse himself because he "had something else to do". It was then when Taehyung realized that maybe Jungkook didn't want to see him because it would only remind the younger of his ex.

Taehyung, as much as it hurts him, tried to distance himself from Jungkook after the sudden realization. Then, it's just that. They're back to being strangers just like they were before Jimin and Jungkook started dating.

Years had gone by like a flash and before Taehyung knew, it was already his senior year. Soon, he'll be leaving the university which meant he'll never get to see Jungkook again. He thought that the feelings he had for Jungkook would fade through all those years but he still loves the younger. Nothing really changed

So now, after all those years of watching Jungkook from afar, he finally approached him again. He would lie if he says Jungkook's smile when he called the younger's name didn't make his heart skip a beat. He was actually mesmerized that he stared at Jungkook for awhile until the younger snapped him out from his trance. "Hyung?"

"O-oh uhm..." Taehyung nervously bit his lower lip. "I-uh... I kind of... Uhh... How are you, Jungkook?"

Jungkook giggles because of Taehyung's stuttering. He found it cute. "I'm fine, hyung. How are you? It's been long since our last talk."

Taehyung's nervousness fades when he sees Jungkook was already happy. It meant he had totally move on from Jimin and maybe he'd have a chance to win the younger's heart now. "I'm doing fine as well, Kook. I-uhh... I missed you."

"I missed you too--oh Jimin!" Taehyung's forehead creased when the younger called out his ex-boyfriend's name. Taehyung turned his head to where Jungkook was looking at and he sees Jimin walking towards them.

"Oh Taehyung!" Jimin greets as he intertwines his fingers with Jungkook's. "I was about to tell you and the other members that me and Jungkook just got back together."

With just that, Taehyung's world came crumbling down to even smaller pieces. It hurts. So much.

He tried to fake a smile as he congratulates the two before excusing himself. When he wasn't facing the couple anymore, his tears began to fell and it didn't stop. Taehyung had to go home and ditch his classes after that.

And now, it's already been almost 8 years since Taehyung first saw Jungkook by the hallway. Jungkook has always been beautiful to Taehyung's eyes but he admits the younger is even more beautiful now.

After the beach wedding, Taehyung holds Jungkook's hand and dragged him near the ocean. He didn't want to let go of the younger's hand anymore. He would like to hold onto it forever.

"Hyung..." Jungkook calls Taehyung "...can you let go of me now?"

Taehyung sighs and lets go of Jungkook's hand. He feels a pang in the chest because of the younger's words. It had a double meaning for him.

"Why did you bring me here, hyung?"

"Jungkook... I wish I had told you this the moment I first laid my eyes on you. Maybe by then, you would've been married to me and not to Jimin. Maybe then, we would have been happy together. I regret being such a chicken back then. I tried multiple times to tell you how I feel. The first time I tried was when Jimin asked you to be his boyfriend and I didn't want to compete with my best friend. I let you two be happy even if it meant hurting myself. I was there for you when you needed me, secretly wishing you needed me too. Secretly wishing that my name was the one your heart beats for and not Jimin's. The second time I tried approaching you, you were avoiding me. I figured out it still wasn't the right time because you just broke up with Jimin so I had to let you go again. The third time I tried, Jimin suddenly showed up saying you two got back together. It hurts me so much, Kook, yet I try to hide it because you looked so happy with him."

Taehyung couldn't stop his tears from falling as he says all those words and suddenly, Jungkook cried too.

"Please don't cry because you pity me."

"Silly hyung, I'm not crying because I pity you..." Jungkook moved closer to Taehyung and cupped the latter's face. "Hyung, why didn't you tell me? I loved you even before I have ever loved Jimin. When he and I broke up, I avoided you because I was scared I'd jump into another relationship just after I finished from one. I'm sorry, hyung. I'm so sorry."

"Y-you love me?"

Jungkook slowly nodded as a response. "But hyung, I'm married now and I also love Jimin. I'm really sorry, hyung."

Boy I miss your kisses
All this time but this is
Twenty-five minutes too late

Though you traveled so far
Boy I'm sorry you are
Twenty-five minutes too late

"I-I know that... Which is why I'm really letting you go for real, Jungkook..."

"Maybe in another lifetime, hyung. Maybe we can be together by then."

🌻🌻🌻

This is terrible 😭 I'm sorry. My hearteu is hurting for Taekook 💔