The Retro Club

I have been working on the part two of He's not my brother for a while now. It's taking me so long because I LITERALLY CAN'T COME UP WITH GOOD IDEAS ATM. huhuhu. Anyway, here's an update while I continue working on that one. Enjoy! Love lots.

🌻🌻🌻

Tonight was different from most nights. The wind blew a little warmer than yesterday, although the streets were left damp and slippery. The storm was over but people still brought their umbrellas with them just in case the rain would pour down once more. The streets were becoming much livelier than it was the night before. Neon lights coming from the biggest retro club in the city illumined the side walk with a touch of an aesthetic vibe. It looked pretty, as Taehyung would describe it, every time they pass by the club on their way home.

Jeongguk, on his rather unusual get up, walked the streets cheerfully while humming to his and Taehyung's favorite song. He was wearing a red leather jacket Taehyung had bought him on Christmas three years ago. He never once had worn it because he was content with his white shirt, but today was different.

He came to a stop when he was in front of the retro club and glanced at the sign just above its door. "What are you waiting for, Gguk? Come on!" He heard Taehyung's voice. He took a few steps and let out a deep breath before entering the club.

"Hey, buddy! What a surprise!" Jimin greeted him as soon as he walked towards their usual booth. The retro club was their place, his and Taehyung's and their friends' too. It was convenient for them to meet here with the others because it was close to where they live. "It's been a long time."

"How have you been, Gguk? Y'know, since the-aw!" Yoongi was cut off when his boyfriend, Hoseok, pinched his left cheek. "What did you do that for? You're gonna pay for that later."

It sent shivers down to Hoseok's spine. Later didn't sound good to him, but he managed to compose himself before turning to Jeongguk. "Yoongi's a bit drunk now. You know his alcohol tolerance is not that good."

"Have a seat, Gguk." Seokjin gestured for the empty space beside him but Jeongguk politely shook his head.

"I'm gonna head to the bar counter. I'll catch up with you guys later." He said before squeezing his way to the bar counter. There were a lot of people today and Jeongguk barely made it to the counter without bumping on them. "I'll have your finest scotch."

"Gguk!" It was Namjoon, the bartender whom they've known ever since they first set foot to this club years ago. "It's good to see you."

"Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot." Jeongguk said while Namjoon let out a soft chuckle.

"Here's your scotch." Jeongguk just nodded and paid for his drink as Namjoon welcomes another customer.

Jeongguk's eyes turned to the dance floor as he watches other people dancing, and some just jumping, along with the beat. He could not see their faces clearly because of the dimmed lights but he notices a figure approaching him. His heart skipped a beat and it brought him back to the first night he was here with that man, the first night that had become a beginning of a great love story. He will never not recognize the guy by just his figure. Heck, he memorizes everything about the guy-from the color of his hair to the patterns of his personality.

"Jeongguk, I don't care what other people think because I only care of what you think! Damn. You don't know this but I've been hella crazy about you. When you're not with me, I can't stop thinking about you. And when you're with me, I still can't stop thinking about you." Taehyung paused to let out a soft chuckle before looking intently at Jeongguk's brown eyes. "What I'm trying to say is that I care about you more than you think I do. Please let me take care of you. You don't have to like me back. I-"