Chapter 2

Travis's POV

I heard there's a new kid here, but no one knows what he's here for. I bet it's because of an eating disorder or something, that's what most kids are in here for. I'm not like the others though. I'm not obligated to do what the others are. I'm not in here because I was forced to be here, I chose to be here. You see my parents aren't exactly stable enough to be parents, they abused me and didn't give me food. I'm not complaining though, I got out of there without "too much" damage. I actually love my parents, unlike most abused kids. They tried their best, even if that wasn't good enough. I came to Grassy Creek because they let people stay here if they don't have anywhere else to go. I mean I have to go to therapy every day, but I still have freedom. I get to do whatever I want to do as long as I attend their dumb therapy sessions, that's how this place works. I don't mind it really, it's actually kinda fun to listen to people talk about how they feel every day.

I think I'm just gonna head to the common room to pass some time until therapy. This place gets rather boring sometimes. But as I walk into the common room, I see the most gorgeous boy I've ever seen. He has brownish blonde hair and ocean blue eyes, he's angelic. I can't take my eyes off of him, until he notices me and giggles. I blush at how obvious I was but then smile at him, loving that little giggle of his. This has got to be the new boy. I walk over to sit next to him and he just moves this stuffed bear out of the way. I think it's his. He introduces me to his bear that is apparently named Cubby, and then tells me that his name is Jamie. Well Jamie is just adorable. I can't help but smile at his bear knowing that it clearly makes him happy. I introduce myself to him as he smiles at me for shaking Cubby's hand when we ourselves got introduced. I think Jamie is a little, but you never know. There's plenty of people who are just naturally innocent, but I don't think that he's one of those people. I'll find out if he is sooner or later, but first I want to get to know him. I want to get to know who he is and what he's like. I want to know his hobbies and things he hates. I want to know what makes him cry and what he loves. I want to know Jamie.