Chapter 1: Water's Edge

There was a woman standing at the water's edge.

Rey, a gentle girl, stood alone on the beach of Luke's island, gazing over the turquoise water with her angelic amber eyes. Her brown hair danced lightly in the ocean breeze, brushing against one cheek as she smiled to herself, remembering all that had transpired on that island. She rested her cheek against one hand as she walked, her boots leaving tracks in the sand behind her. She wore her usual beige colored tank top which rested perfectly on her shoulders and a pair of tight dark brown pants that showed off the shape of her body. Her brunet hair brushed against her shoulders, complementing her fair, chestnut clothing. She stood, not expecting to see Kylo Ren's ship land just a few yards from her.

It must have been fate in that brought them together. She knew from the moment she laid eyes on him that they had a connection, that they were meant to be in a way. From the moment Snoke was killed, she saw Kylo's true colors. Or at least she thought she did. She cared about him with every fiber of her being, but she knew Kylo had a tendency to switch from warmth to coldness in a flash, struggling with his inner anguish. But she knew she loved him no matter how many times he pushed her away. That was how it was to this very day. She never wanted to admit it to herself much less to him. But today might be her chance to.

She took a few steps back as the door to his ship opened. He walked down to the sand and stood there, looking at her for a long time.

She didn't know what to do. Should she run? Fight? She looked back into his deep, dark eyes, waiting for him to make the first move. Neither one of them moved. They stood in complete silence except for the crashing of the waves that surrounded them.