Chapter 2: Walk With Me

"Rey," Kylo said simply with no trace of emotion. His eyes, his windows to his soul, complimented his dark locks, opposing his sorrowful heart. He was dressed in his refined First Order garb fitting his body perfectly, a body that rippled with muscle. A prominent scar stood out on his light-colored skin. As Rey drew nearer, she caught a note of his familiar sent. She smiled to herself. His scent always reminded her of the time they shared.

"Ben... you came..." Rey said breathlessly, reaching out to him. She wanted so badly to take him into an embrace. He took a half-step back, enough to remind her that he still preferred some distance. She humored him and dropped her arms without comment, still smiling softly, hoping that he had come to the island to finally be with her and escape his dark nature. "Walk with me." Kylo said hesitantly. With that, they began to walk along the beach.

"Ben," she uttered, "the sea is beautiful, isn't it? It's so turquoise and glittering." She glanced toward him, who was unresponsive. "U-um... I'm really glad we can spend some alone time together. It's so lovely and warm." She internally questioned why she was making small talk. She felt conflicted about him. He was so closed off from her and all she wanted was for him to open up.

"I don't care about the weather," Kylo snapped.

She jumped a bit and then fell silent, barely whispering, "Sorry."