Chapter 2-Decision Time

*beep beep*

It's 8.00 am and I'm about to get ready to leave to go to my grandad's. I'm going to speak to him and see what he thinks. So, I dragged myself out of bed and threw my hair into a messy bun and jumped into the shower. Once I got out I brushed my teeth, I took my hair down and I put my contacts into. I rarely ever wear my glasses, I just don't think they suit me that well. I got changed into a pair of skinny denims which were slightly rolled, with a white t-shirt and a baggy opened up tartan shirt. I slipped on a pair of my black vans and tied my long brunette hair up into a topknot. I rarely ever wear makeup except filling my eyebrows in and a bit of mascara, so that's what I did. I put a gold chain on around my neck and closed the door behind me. I ran down the stairs and grabbed my leather jacket which was hanging on a hook beside the door and my bag which was placed on the wooden bench below. I ran out the door locking it behind me.I was automatically hit with the smell of the salty sea. That's something I will miss. I've lived by the sea all my life, and that smell always seems to cheer me up.

I looked at my phone and it read 8.40, yes. My grandad will leave for mass at 9.00 so if I run I will just catch him leaving. That's another thing I will miss. Waking up every Sunday to meet my grandad for Sunday mass. I plugged my headphones in and slipped them into my ears. Kings of Leon, yes.*IIIIIIIIIIIIII I won't ever be your cornerstone* As usual I walk pass his house. God damn you Anthony Caleb Followill.

I turned around and I pulled out the headphones to see my grandad leaning against the wall laughing. "Not again Kaytlyn" my grandad chuckled between his laughs. I do that every Sunday when I go to collect him. Why?,I still don't know. "Hey grandad, how are you?" I said embracing him into a loving hug. "I'm grand sweetheart, how's your week been?" "Good I guess, can I come back to yours after mass I want to tell you something. It's definitely one of those chats to have with a cup of tea in your hands". "Sure Kaytlyn whatever you like" he said linking his arm into mine. We walked arm in arm into our local church for the 9.30 mass. We sat in our normal seats up at the left hand side. When the ceremony began the only thing I could concentrate on was London.

We left after the Eucharist (the holy bread) and made our way back to his house. I kept thinking to myself is this the right time, his wife just passed away, will he hate that I am only thinking of myself? "What's on your mind?" he said looking up at me with a smile. "Me, oh nothing, just thinking of your amazing cup of tea you'll make me when we get back" I winked back at him smiling, lightly squeezing his hand which was wrapped around mine. "Don't worry about that, you know me, best cuppa maker there is" he replies with a slim smirk on his face, making me giggle a little. "I love you grandad", "I love you too sweetheart"

I sat myself down on the tall stool at the marble kitchen counter as I supported my head with my hands. "So how's your week been then grandad?" I asked hoping he had forgotten the reason for me appearing up at his house. "Ah same old same old, nothing special, so what did you want to speak about?" he asked. I ignored him and walked over to the cupboard to grab the biscuit tin acting like I haven't heard a thing. He aloud the kettle to boil and slowly poured the boiling water into two mugs with a slight shake. I helped him pour the milk in and stirred it with a spoon followed by taking the tea bag out and walking our way over to the table with the two mugs. I held onto the mug for dear life, scared that what I'm about to say will ruin this amazing relationship I have with my grandad. "So what I'm about to say, please don't let it ruin this friendship, please don't hate me for what I'm about to say" he nods his head while dipping a digestive into the tea, quickly placing it into his mouth before it crumbles into the warm tea. "I think I want to move to London" I quickly closed my eyes so I can't see his reaction. I can feel something on my hand so I opened my eyes to see him wanting to hold both my hands. "Sweetheart don't let me get in your way of living your dream, if that's what you what to do, then grab it with both hands" did I seriously just hear that? My grandad saying that? I dragged myself across the table pulling him into a hug, kissing his forehead. "Thank you grandad". He sent back a reassuring smile. "So have you found a place yet?, anywhere nice?"."I haven't started looking I was waiting for your opinion on it, you are the first to know"."well then missus we have ourselves a problem to solve, only if you'd like me to come" I'm still in shock, of course he can come, he will find the perfect place for me.

I left my grandad's just after 1.00 to make my way back home. I have to tell my aunt. When I got back I hung my jacket back up on the hook and my bag back on the bench. I went into the sitting room and sat myself down on the sofa. I was suddenly surprised to see my cousin Brendan to be sat there, he is only ever around when he wants something or when he gets himself into some sort of trouble. "Aw did you miss me already" I said jumping on top of him giving him puppy eyes. Brendan and I have grown up with each other, we have been like brother and sister ever since I can remember."Get off me you whale" he groaned, pushing me off his lap. How polite. I sat next to him laying my head on his shoulder. "What's wrong" I asked becoming concerned. "I messed up with Aoife and I've no where to stay and I don't know what to do anymore" Before I could say anything my aunt came running in giving him hugs and kisses and saying have much she missed him. "I missed you my baby boy" she said releasing her grip on him. "Mam, seriously I'm 21, I am not a boy anymore" she just smiles back. "Well you will be my baby forever no matter how old you are"

After an amazing dinner we all sat down together in the sitting room followed by my other cousin Lucy who is 11. We are all watching telly in silence so I decided no time like the present. I turned the tv on mute and turned around to everyone, who were now all moaning at me. "I think I might be moving to London"