Chapter 4-The Next Move

I woke up late because of the late night I was trying to find the perfect estate agency for me but I finally found the right one. I woke up with a lump in my throat knowing that there is tension between me and my aunt. I can't do anything about it right now. I'm not capable to deal with that right now. It's not my main concern at this moment of time. I need to get ready to head to my grandads to discuss plans. I know this is moving so fast but the sooner the better, and I suppose I will never know how long it will take to find the perfect flat so I should just get it all over and done with now.

I took a nice shower and afterwards I threw some clothes on and brushed my teeth. I'm going to wear my glasses today because nothing crazy is happening so I thought I should give my eyes some rest.

I slid of my boots and ran down the stairs. I was ready to leave but someone called my name. I stuck my head into the living room to see Brendan on his phone. "What do you want I'm kind of busy at the moment." He locks his phone and looks up to me. "Don't worry about my mam Kay, she will come to terms with it, just give her time." He looked me in the eyes and gave me a pitiful smile. I don't need no pity. "Okay whatever I'm kind of on my way to do something, catch up later". I turned on my heel closing the door behind me. I don't care about it anymore I'm not giving into guilt I've nothing to feel guilty about anyways, it's my choice to move and she doesn't except it. That's not my problem, if she comes round great, if she doesn't I will have to deal with it because I'm doing it whether she likes it or not.

I got to grandads at around 1.40. I knew he would be making dinner around this time so I ran in so I could help him. "Hello grandad" I said giving him a hug. "hello chicken you're just in time, you can peel the potatoes" I let out a little groan as I made my way over to the potato sack. I took four large potatoes out and threw them into the sink. I turned the water on as I watched the muck wash into the water developing into dark slop. I rubbed my hands over each of the potatoes so it would speed up the washing process. Afterwards I peeled them and chopped and diced them. I filled and boiled the kettle and took a large pot from one of the drawers. After the kettle boiled I poured the boiling water into the pot and threw the potatoes in, after turning on the stove. I love my grandads dinners they're always amazing, my granny taught him when they first got married. "So grandad what are we making today" I asked with a grin on my face. "Today we are having a roast beef dinner" YES. "Oh my god I love your roast dinners" I said with a little too much excitement. "I know, that's why I'm making it, we have a lot to go over today so I thought I should make something to brighten up your day a little bit." I love my grandad, I don't know how I'd survive without him, he's just amazing.

After digging into the best dinner ever, I made a cup of tea for both of us and brought the biscuit tin over. "So where do you want to live? Central London, near London, the outskirts, north south east west?" my grandad cheered. "I'm not sure exactly, I was thinking central but not in the busy areas, close to everywhere but at the same time I'll be away from all the loud noises". We had a good and sophisticated chat about everything including information about the estate agent which my grandad approved of. "So, what are you going to do over there" he asked while patting the top of my hand softly. "Well I filled out my CV and applied for a job in a couple of shops along Oxford Street who were hiring just so I'd be stable with money, but I hope that one day I can buy a little space somewhere central so I can open my own gallery." I've always been passionate about art. I'm not bragging but I am skilled. Almost everyone in the villages and towns around me has something I've painted or created for them. I'm no Michael Angelo but I'm good at what I do and people admire it and embrace it into their homes. Which I adore obviously. We booked our tickets for the end of the month. In a few days time I will be in London searching for a place to live. It feels like I'm about to live a real life dream. Crazy to think that I was planning on working in a shop down the village this time last year.

It's a week later. I've been at my grandads arranging everything and we have spoken to the estate agency and they have an appointment booked for us when we arrive over there. It's the 21st today so we are flying over on the 23rd of June. It still feels surreal. And I know I'm only 17 but I'm a lot more mature than you think. I had to grow up a lot quicker due to my past. Ever since the 'bad day' I've seen the world in a totally new perspective, nothing is what it seems to be. So moving to London isn't that bad for me. I'm obviously scared about being by myself and I'm sure that I will have a few anxiety attacks on the way but that's what happens when you're fighting off your biggest fears. I guess I'm scared of being alone. I know I'll make friends over there but how long will that take, weeks, months, who knows. I guess I have family over there so I won't be too lonely, but I'm not close to them at all really. We're sort of like strangers to one another. Another thing I'm afraid of. Having to meet new people. Not that I'm physically afraid of them, it's just that I don't like having to get to know new people. You sort of have to open up to someone to feel safe and comfortable around them. You need to be able to trust someone and that's what you'll have to do to have their trust. The thought of that scares the crap out of me. So I took a deep breath, grabbing my bag from beneath me.

I was leaving to head to my grandads now. It's 6am and our flight it at 12, I know we're ahead of time but we like to be really early so that we can relax when we check in. I decided to walk around to his house as the mornings are almost like daylight in the summer. As usual I put my headphones into my ears but decided on Arctic Monkeys this time, something knew. I just aloud all my songs of theirs play along as I walked down all the different streets, not concentrating on the music. It only 6.20, I guess I walk pretty fast when I don't get myself lost in the music. I knocked on the door waiting for my grandad to open it, I don't want to be rude and just walk in so I waited on the steps as usual waiting for the door to open. " Well good morning lovey, ready to go?" he said opening the door allowing me to walk through. "Ready as I could ever be, what are you even brings" I asked sitting down onto the cozy couch. We were flying in and out on the same day so we didn't have to stay in an outrageously over-priced hotel. "Well just the essentials, sweets and stuff" he chucked. "Well I brought all the documents Johnathan (the estate agent) asked for and makeup and stuff" I replied shrugging my shoulders. "I guess that's all you need, well and your passport and tickets obviously". Grandad called for a taxi to come and collect as soon as possible, the airport is about 20minutes away so we weren't in a huge rush.

We got to the airport at 7 and we decided to go straight to the check in. We held onto our luggage as we just had our shoulder bag. We went up the escalators to get breakfast. I just got a bowl of porridge and a glass of orange juice. Grandad got a fry up cause that's his favourite, men and their meat. We ate our lunch and made our way through security. I got a pat down cause I hate going through that machine, scared the hell out of me. We stopped at one of the newsagents to get some water and a newspaper for my grandad and a couple of magazines for me. The flight is only around 40minutes but I get bored way too quickly. We walked through to our terminal and waited just outside. " Excited for this?" he asked. "You can't even imagine how excited I am" I replied tapping my feet on the ground exaggerating my excitement. Our flight was called and we made our walk to the plane. I tapped the outside of the plane, good old shaytards, and sat down on my seat. I can't believe that in one hours time I will be en route for my new apartment. I grinned obnoxiously out the window to myself.