Chapter 1, Take my hand

....I'm only worthy of the best, I always have been and I always will be....

A snobbish voice that belonged to a certain blonde filled the air.

"It's true then! ...What they were saying on the train...Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

This sentence earned many whispers and murmers from the other new students that were waiting to be sorted into their houses. The young boy had his arm resting on the wall, kind of leaning on it. Wearing a devilish smile on his face, he took his arm off the wall and spoke.

"This is Crabbe," He gestured his head towards the a large and chubby boy standing next to him, "And this is Goyle...." He made the same gesture. "And I'm Malfoy." He said, walking towards the famous Harry Potter.

"Draco, Malfoy." He said with a friendly smile. The smile was for Harry. Obviously. Why would he give anyone else his smile? For all he knew, nearly everyone here could be filthy mudbloods.

A smirk from a ginger that went by the name of Ron could be heard. The blonde now known as Malfoy quickly snapped his head to look straight at Ron with a look of disgust.

"Think my name's funny, do you?" Malfoy glared. "There's no need to ask for yours, red hair and a hand-me-down robe?"

"You must be a Weasley." The ginger put his head down.

Malfoy looked back at Harry.

"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter."

Malfoy turned his head to look at Ron, yet again, however he was still speaking to Harry.

"You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort."

That smile. He gave it to him again.

"I can help you there."

Malfoy held out his hand for Harry to take.

Harry smiled. He liked that confidence of his. Especially that smile, something was just off about it. The way he had put so much emphasis on his name made him feel special. No one had ever even bothered to say Harry's name. They always called him, 'freak', 'boy', or 'that Potter boy.'

Malfoy sounded arrogant, and to Harry's surprise...

He liked that.

   So he took his hand and said,

"Thanks."