Chapter 5, Class time!

"You're not lost! You're here!"
-???

((Harry Potter belongs to J.K Rowling))

"Look, over there!"

"Where?"

"Over there!"

"Where!?"

"Next to the kid with the blonde hair!"

"Is that....Malfoy?"

"Yes! Look at the boy next to him!"

"Did you see his face?"

"Did you see his scar?"

"Are they friends??"

"I thought he had bad tidings..."

"Why would they be together?"

Comments and whispers like these followed Harry since the moment he left the Slytherin dormitory. People would go out of their way to try and get a glimpse of Harry. He wished they wouldn't though.

Even Malfoy was getting annoyed, and he LOVED attention. Right now they were trying to find their way around the school and to their classes.
Hogwarts had well over a hundred staircases of all shapes and forms, wide, narrow, broke, old, vanishing ones you name it. There were weird doors and even moving paintings they moved from picture to picture and Harry genuinely thought that the armor could walk.

There were even ghosts, but they didn't really help all that much, Nearly Headless Nick only seemed to be helping the Gryffindors but that was alright. Draco said they could find their classes on their own.

As the two were looking at their schedule they witnessed a rather interesting event.

"Ah, look at that Weasley," Draco sneered.

Harry looked up to see the familiar redhead. He had sat with him on the train, he seemed friendly enough.

That was.. Until he befriended Malfoy. After that the redhead seemed to dislike them both.

Ron hadn't been paying attention whenever he stepped on a carpet. Peeves the Poltergeist had dumped a waste basket on his head and pulled the carpet from under his feet, this caused Ron to fall right on his bum.

Draco snorted with laughter, Harry did the same.

"Gahaha!!" He laughed aloud, so did all of the other Slytherins.

Ron got up and sneered, "Piss off, Malfoy."

And with that he stormed off.

Draco smirked, "Tch, what an idiot. Okay, Potter what class are we looking for?"

Harry looked down at their schedule, "History of Magic, with the Hufflepuffs."

Draco stuck his tongue out in disgust, "Thats got to be the worst thing ever. Dealing with them everyday first thing in the morning?" He sighed.

"Actually it's a block schedule." Harry chirped.

Draco smiled, "Great, maybe it wont be so bad. Okay, lets go!"

Harry soon found out that there was way more to magic than he had expected. It wasnt easy, and it wasnt just flicking your wrist and saying odd words. You had to study things behind it and about it. The effects, all sorts of things. Draco sort of figured this would happen but he didnt reslize how complicated it was really going to be. Every Tuesday morning at exactly midnight they had to study the sky or whatever to learn about star names and the planet movements. When Draco complained about the other houses not doing this he was told Gryffindors had Wednesday nights, Hufflepuff had Thursdays, and Ravenclaw had Mondays.

History of Magic wasnt THAT bad but it certainly was boring. Although Harry did find it a little interesting that a Ghost called Professor Binns taught this.

Three times a week Slytherins would go out behind the castle with the Ravenclaws to study Herbology. Harry thought that was cool. Unlike Harry, Draco had been a little afraid of the strange plants. Some were deadly, others were annoying. Others just flat out stank and a few were just weird. Magic was strange, but fun. As for the teacher her name was Professor Sprout. The name suited that little witch.

Harry thought one of the more interesting teachers in Hogwarts was Professor Filtwick. That wizard was so small he had to stand on a stack of books just to see over his desk. He was a practically a dwarf!! At the beginning of class the short man took roll call and when he reached the famous Harry Potter he gasped and fell over out of shock! He taught charms.

Draco found that to be humorous, as did Harry.

When the two boys reached professor McGonagall, they were in for quite the intimidation.

She was head of the Gryffindor house. Draco was not fond of her, but they both decided not to cross her. For now. She taught transfiguration, and she was also the same woman who called out their names for the sorting. She had been one of the people with a frightened look whenever Harry was sorted into Slytherin.

The class everyone looked forward to going to turned out not be quite what they expected. Quirrel, the man with the turban taught this. He said it was to fight off vampires and everyone was convinced he stored garlic in his turban.

Draco scoffed, "What a joke this one." He said, frowning, crossing his arms.

"Bet he hasnt really fought off a Zombie like he says he has." Harry smirked.

Draco looked over at Harry with a somewhat surprised look, although the surprise was swollowed by pride. He was proud of Harry, finally, some sense was starting to rub off on him.