Chapter 4, The dream

“If I die will I be born again?”
- XXXTENTACION 💔 Roll in peace 🙏

Harry chuckled at Malfoy as he sat down on his new bed. He began packing his things into a small chest underneath his bed. Everyone had them.

Draco stared at Harry,

“Say, Potter-” he called,

Harry looked back at Draco, “What?”

“Are you sure that's your luggage?”

Harry raised an eyebrow, “Yes... Why?”

Draco walked over to Harry and squated next to him, pulling out a giant baggy red shirt with holes in it, he held up the shirt and examined it with a disgusted look, “Because it looks like it belongs to a fat homeless man.” He said with disgust, “Honestly Harry, who the devil would wear these?”

Harry frowned, “They're hand-me-downs.”

Draco frowned as well, “These aren't suited for someone like you. You deserve better than this, Potter.”

Taking the shirt with him he walked over to his own luggage and pulled out a few shirts. His luggage was FULL of pajama shirts and pants. He pulled out a tight black T- shirt with dark green fuzzy pants and another set of pajamas with a button up shirt and nice pants.

He turned around, “Here.” he said, holding out the articles of clothing to him.

Harry gave him a surprised look, “Malfoy I c-”

He was interrupted, “Ah bup bup-!  I insist. Take it.”

“But-”

“No! Take it! I insist, I wouldn't want people making fun of you for wearing THAT.” He gestured over to the red shirt. “It's red.” he said with a frown.

“What's wrong with red?” He asked.

“Red and yellow. They're Gryffindor colors.” he grimaced, “Horrible house, but- not as bad as Hufflepuff.” he nodded.

Harry sighed, “Oh.”

Draco looked at him, “You'll get used to this eventually, trust me.” he smiled, “Take it.”

Harry returned the smile and took it from him.

“Besides, that shirt has holes. It makes you look poor. You have to make a good first impression.” he winked, packing his clothing.

Harry did the same, “Right.”

Once they fell asleep Harry had a rather strange dream. Perhaps he'd eaten a little too much. He had been wearing professor Quirrell's turban, and it kept talking to him in an eerie but weak voice.

“Yes... Yes...” It whispered, “You're doing great...being in Slytherin is your destiny. Well done...!”

Harry frowned, that voice just flat out creepy. He didn't want that thing on his head. As he tried pulling it off there was Malfoy, staring at him with awe, but then he turned into a hooked nose teacher. Harry believed that that was Snape. If his memory served correctly. Snape laughed in a high and cold voice. That freaked Harry out.

All of a sudden there was a burst of green light and he woke up in a cold sweat, trembling. He examined the room. His fellow classmates had already came up and fell asleep. 

Harry looked over at Malfoy and he was asleep too.

Sighing, he rolled over and fell asleep yet again, and in the morning, when he woke. He didn't recall a single thing about the dream.