Chapter 7

comment and vote <3

Soundtrack

Starships - Nicki Minaj
I love to dance
So give me more, more
Till I can't stand

This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things - Taylor Swift
So why'd you have to rain on my parade?
I'm shaking my head
I'm locking the gates

***

The first week of class flies past in a whirlwind of syllabi, awkward introductions, and casually avoiding our slightly terrifying tree mascot whose been crashing all of the freshman events (seriously, this tree looks like something out of a nightmare).

On Wednesday Shannon, one of the friendlier girls in my Chem class, invited Ivy and I to a party Friday night. When I told Ivy about it, we both decided we'd rather stay in this weekend. By the time Friday rolls around, however, I'm ready to get out of the dorms and have some fun.

Luckily Ivy's on the same page, which is how we find ourselves trying on various outfits and working on our makeup in my dorm Friday evening.

"What about this?" Ivy asks, holding up a floral bodycon skirt and a cute yellow top.

"It's cute." I tilt my head, frowning. "But it's more of a day-at-the-mall outfit."

She groans, flopping down onto my bed in defeat.

"All of my clothes suck. I need to go shopping."

"Your clothes do not suck," I laugh, picking up a green mini dress I bought last year before deciding against it. "But you only brought like five things from your room- do you want to run back?"

She frowns, glancing over her pile of discarded outfits.

"Would you mind if I borrowed something of yours instead?"

"Yeah of course," I chuckle, gesturing to my closet. "Have at it. Although, to be clear, you have an incredible sense of style."

"I know," Ivy laughs, flipping her hair over her shoulder emphatically. "I just wanted to wear your red dress."

Although I have more than one red dress, I know exactly which one she's talking about. It's an almost wine red, cotton lace up skater dress with half-length sleeves. It shows just enough to look hot without being too revealing, and Ivy's been eyeing it since she saw it in my closet last weekend.

I feign a scowl, placing a hand on my hip.

"You want to wear my favorite red dress?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as if offended.

"I mean, unless you wanted to wear it," she says quickly, backtracking in response to my serious demeanor.

"Ivy, I'm just teasing," I laugh, grabbing the dress in question out of my closet and tossing it to her. "Of course you can wear it."

"And what about you?"

"I'm wearing this," I say, grabbing my favorite little black dress off of the rack and holding it up for her to see. "It's a classic."

"Simple and sophisticated," she comments, nodding her head in approval. "Good choice, girl."

By the time we're ready to leave, we're both dressed to kill. Ivy's crazy curls and flawless smoky eye complement the red dress and make her look like a domestic goddess. I opted to do up my blonde hair in loose curls and pair my red kitten heels with my black dress, the look tied together by my rosy red lips.