Chapter 4-I Know You

Sasuke stood in front of the hospital door, still hurt stabbing in him, and he blinked, willing himself to not think about his just recent talk with Sakura. Something was wrong with her; her unwillingness to congregsate with him. Like she's trying to push him farther and farther away.

'Her eyes' Sasuke decided . Her eyes sheening with a emerald green glow seemed to be muted and undesirable, a twirling storm of emotions that whirled in her eyes was not hard to decipher.

Troubled by his own thoughts, Sasuke shoead and pushed the hospital door open, only to be bombarded by several nurses.

"Sasuke! Oh, we were so worried!" Gasped the nurses. "please, stay, and don't run away!"

Sasuke frowned, not sure how to say no, but before he could speak, a nurse spoke up.

"He seems fine. Look at his arm. It's completely healed."

Sasuke looked up in surprise, and he recognized the same Sakura-looking nurse from before, and he gave her an appreciative nod.

"Well..alright.." hesitated the nurses. "But next time, if you go into a hospital, don't run away!"

"I have to be somewhere." muttered Sasuke, and without warning, used the body-flicker jutsu and found himself up on the cliff where Sakura once was.

But when he landed on the cliff to thank Sakura, he saw nothing but emptiness, and gray smoke curling up in the air.

'Did she leave?' Wondered Sasuke, looking around for any traces of her. 'she must have. Why did I expect her to stay?'

Sasuke sighed, but before he left, he an odd bright color sticking out from the smoke, and he stepped closer. A pale pink cherry blossom pattern met Sasuke's eyes, and he darted his hand forward and grabbed hold of the object.

What he held in his hand was Sakura's pink kunai, which was now, furiously hot, singed and coal black, but he could tell besides that, it wasn't harmed. Sakura had never used it.

'so she's kept it, after all these years.' Sasuke grinned under his shadow of mingling grief. He brushed off the grief and tucked the kunai in his pocket. 'she's probably going to want this.'

Sasuke used the body flicker jutsu once more, and decided; if anything, she would be with Naruto, and he spotted Naruto near a market standing next to Hinata with Sai.

Sasuke walked over, hoping to talk to Naruto, but was cut off when he heard Sai's next comment.

"So, you want to have kids, huh, dickle-" began Sai, but was cut off when Naruto whacked Sai on the head.

"Shut UP!" Naruto yelled, while Sai sat up, rubbing his head.

"Wh-what did he just call you?" Hinata asked and Naruto quickly looked away, flustered. "NOTHING!" He cried with more aggressiveness than necessary

"Naruto." Sasuke stepped forward.

"Sasuke! Hey!" Naruto grinned.

"Have you seen Sakura?" Sasuke inquired.

Naruto contemplated the question for a minute, than told him "No, not recently. Why, haven't you been talking to her?"

"not really." Sasuke replied shortly, not particularly wanting to discuss that topic.

"Well, why? I thought Sakura was happy to see yo-" Naruto said, but Sasuke cut him off.

"Ok, whatever." Sasuke said, and used the body flicker jutsu, disappearing from sight.