Chapter 8-Meeting

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "The Unknown Assassin?" He echoed, wary about the name Hotaru had given herself.

Hotaru nodded. "That's right. I'm the unknown assassin. Anything wrong with it?" She challenged, her green eyes flashing indignantly.

"Did I say that?" retorted Sasuke. He had come for Sakura, but Hotaru seemed to intrigue him. By her dark clothing, a hooded leather hood, black pants and long sleeve shirt, all made of leather.

Hotaru fell silent, and then placed the mask back on her face. "That was a dumb idea of me to take off my mask." She muttered under her breath as she shifted her mask into place.

Sasuke's attention was catched. "And why is that?" He inquired, still, although, keeping his guard up.

Hotaru, despite with her mask on, faced him warily. "Why are you so curious?" she demanded. "Your being the borderline of creepy."

"There's no problem in being curious, is there?" Sasuke realized that he really didn't know why he was so curious by Hotaru. His mind flashed, telling him to go, but his feet said otherwise, and he stayed put.

"No, not at all." Deadpanned Hotaru. "What do you really want to know?"

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "Your name. It's peculiar." He told Haturo. "Why do you name yourself the unknown assassin."

Hotaru paused for a moment, then sighed. "Listen, I'm seeing this is going to go on forever. So to save your time and mine, I'm just going to brief my life." without hesitation, she began. "I was born here, I had a friend, we were both taken away from each other, he died. I assassinated the village. I was an assassin and locked away for 5 years." she stopped, pausing to take a breath. "Happy?"

Sasuke felt slightly amused at her curt and blunt, but fiery attitude. "Sure, whatever." He responded, shrugging. Cutting to the chase once more, he looked Hotaru squarely in the eye. "But tell me. Have you heard of a female medic ninja being kinapped lately and taken here?" He demanded.

Hotaru sighed, exasperated. "Did you not hear me before? Since I'm locked in, I haven't seen what even Hidden Mist looks like for months." She said wistfully.

Sasuke, irritated, looked away and clenched his fists. Was he ever going to find Sakura?

"Although..." hotaru said, and Sasuke looked up. "if whoever your talking about is a medic ninja, she's probably going to be taken to heal some of the villagers. From the status of what I heard from the guards..it isn't going too well for the villagers." She informed Sasuke.

Sasuke frowned. Taken to heal? "where is that place?" he asked.

Hotaru shook her head. "I'm not sure. But, I know this place better than you. So I'll go with you" She said.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "That's dangerous for you, is it not?"

Hotaru shrugged carelessly. "it's fine. They'll be too much in a state of sickness to notice me. And anyways, i'm an assassin. I can kill easy and fast." She reminded him.

Sasuke realized this. "Right. Let's go." He told her, not wanting to waste any more time.

"And mind you." hotaru's voice made Sauske stop and turn. "I still don't trust you." She told him, her voice still holding cold hostility.

Sasuke hadn't expected anything more or less. "Well, that makes two of us." He told her, and ran down the hall, with Hotaru following close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"it's been a while, but I'm guessing the medic room is somewhere close here." Hotaru called to Sasuke, and Sasuke didn't turn. He just kept on running. He had to know Sakura was safe and okay, unharmed.