v. platform 9¾

Bast Lupin looked around the station at all the muggles mulling around looking for the right station. She hadn't thought that such a large number of muggles could possibly fit in one place.

Remus stood next to her, looking rather ill. He was extremely nervous to board the train and the fact that the full moon was in a few days certainly didn't help.

"Bast! Look, isn't that Lily?" inquired Hope.

"It is! Can I go say hi?"

"You'll have plenty of time to talk on the train," Lyall mention, "it's a long ride. I'm sure she wants to spend time with her family. She won't see them until Christmas. Same goes for you. We won't see you until Christmas, so you better spend these next few minutes with us. Then we can all go and say hi, okay?"

"Okay, But—"

"No buts about it!"

☜ ✪ ☞

Bast looked over at Lily, who was longingly looking out the window. Bast thought she could see a few tears stained on her face, but she wasn't sure why. She thought about asking but decided not to.

"Lily, did you that? That pond was huuuuuuge!"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah it was real big."

Bast couldn't help herself anymore. The rude to Hogwarts was supposed to be happy, but it was obvious that something was wrong with Lily.

"Lily, are you okay? You look sad."

"What? No, I'm fine. Really. It's nice to be going to Hogwarts, away from Petu— home, you know?"

"Oh."

Bast fidgeted around in her seat for a moment before looking out the window at the landscape that was zooming by. The compartment door slid open and in stepped Severus, already changed into his uniform in robes. His tie wasn't tied properly and his shirt was baggy, but he obviously thought it was a big improvement from his muggle clothes.

"Hey, Lily! Are you okay? You look as if you'd been crying. Is it Petunia again? I'll hex her next time I see her for you!"

"Sev, really, I'm fine! Just— just stop asking, okay? I'm fine!"

"You don't look fine! You're my best, and only, friend and I'm just trying to look out for you! Your crying, for Merlin's sake! Your shirt collar is damp, and your eyes are red and puffy. Come on Lily, I'm just trying to help you."

"I don't need your help! I don't need anyone's help! Petunia is far away now. It doesn't matter! Just leave me alone."

"Fine! I'll go find a compartment with people who want to be with me."

With that, Severus whipped around and slammed the compartment door shut as he left. Bast fidgeted around in her seat, extremely uncomfortable by the earlier events. The two sat in an awkward silence for several minutes before their compartment door was slammed open and two girls came running in before slamming it shut. One was much taller than the other, but both looked to be the same age.

"Hi," the taller one panted, "I'm Dorcas. Dorcas Meadows. Mind if we join you? Two boys just set off dungbombs in out compartment."

Lily thought back to the two black-haired boys who had mentioned setting off dungbombs.

The other girl poked out from behind Dorcas and smiled feebly. "Hi, I'm Marlene. Cas' friend."

"Correction— you are Cas' best friend."

Marlene smiled and chuckled. The two sat down, Marlene next to Bast and Cas next to Lily.

"So, you know our names, let's learn yours."