Six

My head feels like it's going to explode. There's loud music, dancing, and my body is already slightly damp with perspiration.

When L handed me the red cup a few moments earlier, I didn't think anything of it.

"You have to act natural and look natural." He said. So, I drank it like it wasn't my first time- and my throat instantly regretted it. Romero was laughing then, but now, half an hour later and after the poison began to seep deep into my veins, he's become completely silent.

He's too busy using his eyes to even bother using his mouth. I dance with my body pressed against his, my back to his vibrating chest. His eyes follow when his hands can't as I bend and shake against him.

Seven is at my front, I can't tell if it's his hand or Romero's rubbing against me, but he's preoccupied himself with twirling a finger in my hair as he sways to the music as well.

"Don't think I've forgiven you," I told him a few moments earlier. This cordialness was just me attempting to act natural because fighting with him and cursing him out, like I want to, would cause me to stick out like a sore thumb.

"You will." It was a whisper as he kissed the skin below my ear. I pushed him back, but he kept the close proximity as Romero came behind me.

Now they've blended into a rhythm against me. Hands, eyes, and lips, ravishing my skin as I drink up each and every drop of their attention.

There's a couple doing the same dirty dancing right next to us. It's a competition, the way the girl tries to mimic my movements, the way I keep making them harder and harder to replicate. Only once her boyfriend starts looking at me more than he looks at her do I tell myself I've won.

The tight olive mini dress on my skin, the wild brown and blonde curls in my head, the whispers of Spanish into my ear. Everything becomes so fuzzy and psychedelic, and it all feels absolutely amazing.

I'm reaching out to the mahogany coffee table in front of us. It's littered with red cups, some spilled and knocked over from how crowded this place is. It has my third dose of alcohol for tonight, and though already intoxicated, I'm still desperately trying to look like I belong here. Before I can get to it, Romero grabs my hips tightly and presses himself against me. Seven puts my hand up behind me, against the stubble on Romero's jaw. But I want to touch him. I want to touch both of them.

I'm facing him after his betrayal like this. He's pushing me further against Romero but I have a hand on his chest. Aggressive is the best way to describe how I dance with him. Slowly removing his hand from the place it had found on my breast while pulling him closer to me by his hair. He lets out a hushed hiss, moving along to where I guide him. I want him to kiss my neck like he had that night, back before I found out he was a snake. He sighs against my skin and I feel his entire body loosen up against me. The sound he lets out as I pull his hair harder, pull him down lower, startles me so much I almost let go. It's soft and subtle but aimed directly into my ear, Romero probably couldn't even hear it.

It's the Latina in me from my mom- or the Black from my dad. No, it's the alcohol. Something within me bubbles up so shamelessly. I start dancing with the two men harder, pulling out moves I didn't even know I could do. I gather the attention of more than just them and the guy next to me, as everyone begins to circle around us. Romero and Seven keep up with the pace I've set. The former squeezing my hips while the latter lines my neck with open-mouthed kisses.