Ch. 7

??? POV

A couple walked in and looked a little down in the dumps when they ordered black coffee. the woman started crying when they took a seat. Then the man patted his back reassuringly. They each lit up a cigarette and started smoking. "I can't believe this is all happening!" The woman sobbed. "Me neither, Betha," the man looked down in shame. "This is our fault! We can't even stop ourselves from smoking! Now Abi's going down because of us ... "

Abi.

Abi.

"Ma'am, how do you spell your daughter's name?" I asked anxiously. "A-B-I. Who are you?" She questioned. "What is happening to her?" I ignored her question. "why should I tell you?" She questioned back. "You're no help to her!" "If you tell me I promise to help," I said.

"You won't! I know you won't! This will risk too much! Just leave her alone, along with us," she continues to sob.

???
What's the name of your hospital?

Abi
How tf did you know

???
Your parents swung by

Abi
Goddammit. It's called ... Karenel Hospital or something like that

???
I'm on my way.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

Abi's POV

Why was Jayden in a Starbucks uni—

Wait.

No.

It cannot be.

"Were you that guy?" I paused. "That anonymous guy who gave me their number on a starbucks cup?"

"That's not important—"

"GODDAMMIT!" I screamed. When I did I was crying. "you never answer my questions! Please just answer this one for once!"

"You know it's me. You've said that I've never answered your questions," he said calmly. "I'm sorry. You probably know who else I am."

Jayden was and still is my high school crush. I couldn't even talk to him without acting all weird around him.

"What the fuck are you here for?!" I shrieked.

"It fucking depends on what you've gone down with!" He shrieks back. "Look ... I want to help you, Abi, I really do. And I know this is weird, but before I die trying to probably save your life ... I need to tell you something."

"What, goddammit?"

"I ... I kind of liked you ... back at high school ... "