Chapter 7

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling. _____________________________________________________________________________

By the time Harry and Luna had returned from the Ravenclaw Common Room, the Room of Requirement was full. Before they got back, we had gotten a message through about a meeting being called in the Great Hall which seemed to panic a lot of the people in here. 

"What if he knows Harry is here?" Seamus hissed from my right. I shot him a look telling him to keep quiet before he got everyone into trouble and looked around to see if anyone had heard him. Turns out no one was paying us any attention. We couldn't be too careful though, and we knew it. 

"I think they do. Why else would they call an assembly in the middle of the night?" I replied, keeping my voice low and keeping my eyes on the Carrow walking a few strides ahead of me. 

"Good point." was his reply before Alecto turned around.

"Is someone talking Miss Malfoy?" she asked, putting a lot of emphasis on my last name. They both thought that people were scared of me because of my family background, little did they know, everyone now trusted me because of it. 

"It was me," I said. Seamus raised his eyebrows from my side but quickly made his face neutral again before anyone else realised. "I was just telling someone to get back into the line."

"Who was it?" she asked sternly, walking towards me. I was stood in the rows between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and she seemed like she wanted to have a go at someone since she hated everyone in both these houses with a passion.

Except for me that is...

"It doesn't matter now. They just tripped so they got back in line as soon as I said it," I crossed my fingers behind my back hoping she believed my lie. After a few seconds she nodded her head and walked towards the front of the line again.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in and felt Neville pat me on the back in thanks before quickly punching Seamus for putting me in that position. I stifled a laugh and faced forwards again playing with the arm of my robes and praying for the life of me that this night would end not too badly. 

**

"...will be treated as...equally guilty," Snape said in a slow voice. The whole atmosphere in the Hall was very tense and I have never felt scared of Severus Snape up until this moment. There was no noise what-so-ever and I was starting to feel nervous. 

What is Potter going to do?

"Now then," he stated, walking down the steps and making his way down the centre of the houses, "if anyone has any knowledge of Mr Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward. Now." his voice was deadly and quiet but everyone heard him clearly. 

I felt Cho's hand grip onto mine tightly and I returned the gesture with the small hope that I could comfort her in some way. Snape was still looking around the room, for what I'm not sure of, but he was going to get his answer soon. Gasps echoed around the room as Potter stepped forward and started talking to Snape. 

Now, being as small as I am makes it difficult for me to see over people's heads in a crowd and people around me were whispering and asking a million different questions at high speeds. Even though they were hushed whispers, it still stopped me from being able to hear a single word anyone was saying. 

I turned and saw the doors to the Great Hall open and realised that he must have planned this after we had all left the Room of Requirement. I wasn't completely sure who was stood there but I knew there was quite a big crowd due to the look of shock on Snape's face.