chapter 2

Kenny blinks and shook his head "i-uh- i don't really eat lunch often..." he spoke and shrugged his shoulders before grinning at Craig's actions " what a gentleman" he coos softly as the door was held open for him, content to walk in first with a smile while Craig had a flush dance upon his cheeks at the flirt, dipping his head to hide his embarrassment " sure...whatever... i'll buy you something" he grumbled marching off into the store to the refrigerated section to look for a sandwich " pick what you want... i'll get a meal deal or something". The blondes lips parted as he felt his heart warm at the offer " y-you really don't need to...." he stammers out as he swallows, trailing after Craig as his cheeks heated up to a rosy shade.

The noirette scoffed slightly, shooting the blonde an incredulous look " i didn't have lunch yesterday so i have a little extra allowance .... just pick something... grab a snack and a drink to go with it... it honestly isn't a big deal" he assured, picking out what he wanted before waiting for Kenny. Kenny bit his bottom lip but looks at the food on the shelves, picking up a simple bottle of coke and a sandwich after reading the ingredients- he wouldn't want to die on a day like this now would he? He looks over at Craig and gave a smile " thanks Craig" he hums, occasionally Cartman or Stan or Kyle would buy him some food, but that hadn't happened in a long time. Just the fact that he'd only began speaking to Craig after so long and he was already buying him something made him feel warm inside.

A quiet huff and an offhand shrug was all Craig gave as acknowledgement while he payed for their lunches " sure..... it's fine....no big deal" he shot back as they left the store, pausing to hold the door open for Kenny again watching as his smile brightened when the door was held open for him once again. Kenny felt his cheeks warm and smiled more, eyes sparking slightly with a dull flicker of life he really hadn't felt in a long time. " thanks~" he purrs out while waiting for Craig.

" No problem, M'lady" the taller joked, taking note of he bright shine in the others eyes, he could feel a blush creeping it's way back onto his cheeks as he stared at Kennys features. He shook his head, looking away and continuing to walk without any real ideas to where he was going while the blonde grins brighter at the joke, laughter bubbling from his lips as he walked with him, playfully bumping their hips together, practically glowing with happiness.

"so.." Craig began, trying to ignore the blondes obvious flirting " wanna eat at starks pond?" he asked, glancing over at the blonde and taking in his happy aura and letting it relax him... he was helping someone be happy...someone who actually was enjoying his company. Kenny blinks and nodded " anything is better than the prison we call a school" he murmurs and hums as he blinks up at him while the noirette hummed in agreement and allowed himself to fall into step closer to Kenny, hoping the smaller boy hadn't noticed the change as their shoulders brushed slightly "i'd like to avoid going back for as long as possible"

Kenny nodded " yeah, it's not like we learn much there anyway" he spoke and smiles as he felt their shoulders touching every few seconds, his cheeks a soft pink shade as he occasionally peered up at the taller male, listening as Craig let out a soft sigh, though this time it was out of contentment rather than annoyance, the noirette watched as his breath curled up in tendrils of steam before dispersing into the air. " Christ... i wish i brought my cigs" he grumbled, remembering how he had left them in his room as he'd left in a rush this morning. The blonde hums and shuffled a hand into his pocket "i have a few" he spoke " Stan gave them to me" he spoke again and looks over at him as he sat down on the grass.

Craig blinked down at him before joining him on the grass " you keep em' you probably have a harder time getting a hold of them... i just steal them from my dad" he admitted, waving his hand dismissively, opening his can of energy drink with a satisfying crack. Kenny tilted his head and shrugs before putting them back into his pocket " if you say so" he hums holding his bottle of coke, thoughts of Karen running through his mind... he'd share it with her later he decided before looking over at the pond, relaxing instantly at the sight.