21

Chloe tossed and turned all night. She kept having nightmares of social workers taking Reno away from her family. She couldn't take it anymore and tiptoed to her mothers' bedroom.

Kelly heard footsteps at the foot of the bed and squinted her eyes open.

"Reno?" She whispered.

"No, it's Chloe." Chloe whispered back.

"What's wrong, Hun?" Kelly sat up.

"Can we adopt Reno?" Chloe said.

"Do we have to talk about this right now?" Kelly asked, motioning to Paige, who was still fast asleep.

"Is it at least a possibility?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know." Kelly said. "We haven't really talked about it."

"I don't want her to be taken away from us." Chloe admitted.

"She won't, don't worry." Kelly said. "Now, get back to bed, you have school tomorrow."

Chloe tiptoed to Reno's room. The little girl was fast asleep. Chloe went in and picked up the little one.

Reno mumbled a protest.

"It's okay. It's Chloe." Chloe whispered.

Chloe brought Reno into her bedroom and tucked her into her bed before laying down next to her. She kissed Reno's head before falling asleep.

Chloe had to wake up before Reno so she quietly got ready and left a note explaining how Reno ended up in Chloe's room. Then she left for school.

---

"Anna!" Someone called out from behind Beca and Chloe as they walked down the hallway together. "Anna!"

"What the heck?" Beca turned around and saw her best friend from elementary school. "Maisy?!"

"Anna! I knew it was you!" Maisy said and hugged Beca, forcing Chloe to let go of her hand.

"Beca?" Chloe asked.

"Oh, Chloe, this is Maisy!" Beca smiled wide. "We were best friends in elementary school, but she had to move away."

"My family was moved back, so, here I am!" Maisy said.

Chloe looked the teenager up and down. She was a tall thin girl with curly brown hair that fell perfectly down her shoulders. She had a beautiful smile and hazel colored eyes.

"Why does she call you Anna?" Chloe asked Beca.

"Well, you know my full name is Annabeca." Beca said and Chloe nodded. "I used to go by Anna. When I went to middle school, I started going by Beca."

The bell rang and the three went their separate ways.

Chloe and Beca were sitting with their friends at lunch and Maisy walked over, but Beca didn't see her.

"You wanna come over tonight? Jenna has to take Mason to the doctor." Beca asked Chloe.

"Oooo a party? Count me in!" Maisy said.

"Uh not exactly." Beca said.

"They're gonna bang!" Fat Amy said.

"What?" Maisy asked.

"Ya know. They're gonna get naked and-" Fat Amy started.

"I think she got it, Amy." Beca interrupted.

"I thought you guys were just good friends." Maisy said.

"No, we're dating." Chloe said and wrapped her arm around Beca who looked embarrassed.