Chapter 21

"Um, how are you Cassie?" George asked nervously. What made him this nervous was highly confusing but I decided to play along with him. When he decided he was comfortable enough to tell me, he would.

"I'm fine. And how are you?" I asked.

"I'm alright. Thank you for inviting us today. Your cousins are really cool. Today's been fun." He replied.

"You're welcome here anytime and you guys are amazing. Valerie and Samantha are jovial and fun to be with. I'm happy that you and Charles have them." I said.

There was silence again and this time, I couldn't control myself. I knew that whatever was wrong definitely perturbed him.

"What's wrong George? You can tell me." I asked. Was it that he had a terminal disease or something else and would die soon? I gulped in fear.

"I know. That's why I decided to come speak to you. I need your advice. I would have asked Tess or Ana but I feel like you're more mature, relatable and won't judge me.... I'm rambling, I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Go on. What do you need my advice on?" I asked.

"I love Valerie and I want her to marry me but I just don't know what to do about it." He said at last.

You can imagine the relief that washed through me. Here I sat, thinking he was sick and on the verge of giving up. George sure knew how to give a fright.

"If you love her like you said, then it's not so hard." I said.

"That's the thing. I want to make it eh, rom... Romantic." He stuttered and I giggled. So romance was what had gotten his pants in a twist?

"It's not funny Cassie. I feel hopeless. Whoever said it was easy to fall in love and get married needs to change that statement." George said.

"Oh my freaking gosh! Both of you shut up right now or I'm gonna freak out." Ana said, I knew she was angry and when she said she would freak out, she meant it.

"Do you wanna come over to my room?" I asked. It seemed like the only logical place to go where no one would interrupt us.

"Don't you think Jason would be the one to freak out this time? You know how overprotective he is of you? I just don't want to mess up our friendship." George said. Although I knew there was a probability that Jason would freak out, I knew he would understand if I explained it later to him.

"Don't worry, I know what to do if something like that happens. Follow me." I got up and gestured for him to follow me quietly. We left the living room, then climbed the stairs down to the hallway before heading to my room. I twisted the knob and the door opened.

We got in and after shutting the door, I motioned for him to come sit beside me on the bed.

"So tell me all about it." I said, after I was sure he was seated.

"You know, the other day you hung out with us, I mentioned I wanted to propose to Valerie during the graduation ceremony but now I just feel it'll be wack. So I need some tips on what to do to make it, uh, what's the word... Romantic. Yeah, that's it." He said.

I was a romance freak but most of what I knew were from what I read, heard from others and perhaps some romantic gestures by Jason here and there. Was I really fit for giving advice based on this?

Well, let me see...

"Okay. So I know girls love flowers but not all. Does she?" I wouldn't call it stereotypical that all girls love flowers because some don't. But I definitely do love them because of their amazing scent.

"Yeah, I think she does. I got her a flower on our third date and she was really excited, she kissed me for the first time then." He said.

"Great. All you have to do is get her a bouquet of her favorite flower on that day. Give her a heartfelt speech which significantly means, tell her how much you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her. Mind you, there will be lots of distractions because a lot of people will be present. What I suggest is that you concentrate fully on her. Look into her eyes and get lost in them if possible, then say what you have to say. I know she loves you too so it won't be difficult to convince her to marry you." I explained, wishing within that what I said would really work for him.

"Phew! Thank you, thank you, thank you so so much." He said in between holding my hand and kissing the back of my hands repeatedly.

"It's okay. Stop it already. I don't want anyone passing by to get the wrong message on what we are actually doing here." I cautioned him but still managed to giggle because the kisses tickled.

"That's true. I better leave then. All I have to do now is think of what to say to her to make her swoon." He stated in that heavy British accent of his.

"Good luck!" I exclaimed.

He stood up and the depressed part of the bed where he sat bounced back to its normal position.

When he got to the door, he stopped. I knew that because the sound of his footfalls suddenly halted.

"You know he loves you too, don't you?" He asked. I knew what he was talking about. Or to be exact, who he was talking about.

"I don't know. We haven't gotten to that stage yet. Neither of us has ever said the "L" word. But I know he cares for me a great deal." I replied.

"Are you kidding me? Jason talks about you all the time, it scares the crap out of me. I'm surprised he hasn't come looking for you and probably chop my head off." He said with a laugh.

"For the life of me, I don't know why he hasn't said it yet. Anyway, he'll say it soon because I know he loves you." He said when he finally stopped laughing.

"Well, till then I guess." I said while trying to sound calm and collected when my brain was totally reeling. When Jason finally decides to bring up the "L" word, I definitely don't know what my reaction will be.

"And Cassie?" George's voice jolted me back to earth.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Thank you. For transforming Jason. Honestly, he was the shadow of himself until this year when he met you. I don't know the details of your relationship but I'm glad he has you. And also thanks for the advice. I guess I underestimated you after all and I'm sorry. I'll let you in on the details about everything soon. Goodnight." He ended his speech but didn't give me a chance to reply before shutting the door.

I heaved a sigh and slumped down onto my bed.

Oh! What a night.

Don't forget to follow, vote, comment and share.

Love,
Osaro.