chapter 1

Nick has been my best friend for over 10 years. We've live next door to one another since grade school. It didn't take us long to become friends. 7 year old Nick was playing catch in his front yard the day they moved in. I was driving my power ranger Jeep when I saw him. He asked for a ride and I shoved him face first in the dirt and stole his baseball. We've been inseparable since. Our families became really close and we even vacationed together every summer.Expect for the past year. Thanks to Elizabeth. "Liz" as her highness likes to be called. 

Let's just get into that back story...

Nick had a thing for her for nearly two years before she even noticed he existed. Let me rephrase. "Liz" and I had it out when I got the leading part in the school musical. She had gotten the lead every year since 6th grade. Her junior year it was given to me. Scouts came from a fine arts school to see the show. She had dreamed of the chance to show case for them.  Attending that school was all she ever wanted. So in return she took what I wanted.

Yes I am in love with my best friend.  She knew it and she used it against me. Obviously I wanted to tell Nick she was awful. That he shouldn't date her. But the light in his eyes when she noticed him was the most beautiful thing , and I couldn't take that from him. It wasn't like I had a shot anyways. I'm 5 ft, dark brown hair, green eyes, and pale.  Why would he settle for that when he had Lizard.... Excuse me "Liz".. she is 5'9, blonde, blue eyes, tan all year round like she has been kissed by the sun.
I swear her legs are as long as my entire body. Just Long enough to wrap around my 6'2 lanky punk rocker.

To be fair had I known the part ment so much to her I would have probably given it to her. I'm a little shy anyways and didn't want the spot light. I was better at helping others practice and painting trees and rocks for the set. Nick begged me to audition with him and I just can't tell him no. He was so excited for me that I not only auditioned but got the leading part. We played the leads together and spent every day rehearsing for months.

The night of the musical I kissed him. (Leading lady purposes only of course) I had played it in my head  a million times. Our lips would connect. He would finally feel what I felt.  We would leave the play hand in hand. Spending the summer and senior year together as a couple before we left for college. But it didn't happen that way. As I took my last bow feeling so fuzzy and love drunk I exited the stage  just in time to see Liz's arms wrapped around Nick's neck.

That was the last time we hung out. Ofcourse I still see him and we make plans but they never happen. She makes sure of that. He's never in the mood to hang out anyways. They are either together or he is depressed because she lied to him.. again.
Just when I think I can swoop in and save the day and steal him away from her bullshit she comes back, and he takes her with open arms everytime.

Buzz Buzz
Incoming text:
Nick: hey Em.. so don't hate me.. but I gotta cancel .. Liz wants to talk... I owe her that.. I guess.. I'll make it up to you! Promise

(What did I tell you?...like I didn't see that coming)

Reply
Em: no promises we both know you can't keep it.

Delete delete delete

Em: honestly Nick? How many times is sorry going to be enough? Does she need to screw this guy on your lap for you to stop trusting her?!

Delete delete delete

Em: you belong with me. You know that right?

DELETE

Em: it's ok.. I got home work anyways. Hope everything turns out. Hugs

Sending.... Delivered

.. I guess I can't talk. I'm just as whipped. Because I've been taking these false promises for nearly 10 months.