chapter 4

The following week was like a dream. Each day I woke up to Nick being at my house. Either jumping on my bed waking me up, in the kitchen eating my toaster strudels, or at my car waiting for me to throw him the keys.

During that week we spent 20 hours at the bull pen. Followed by way to much aunt Annie's pretzels at the mall. In the time spent stuffing our faces we had written a really good song. I couldn't wait to hear it after Schmiz and Billy got a hold of it. Once the music was added to it the lyrics would really come alive.

I spent the entire seven days in skinny jeans and band tees. Not once did I feel bad about it. Nick was dressed just like me and not once did he say he didn't like my outfit. It was nice not having my mom's words torture me like they had the past 10 months.

We spent Sunday at the skate park. Not sure why after all these years he still insisted on coming here he was the worst skater on the planet. He loves it though and he looks really good wiping out repeatedly.

The thing with great times is they always come to an end. Spring break was over and there was no way Nick could avoid Liz any longer.

Monday morning when we walked into school I knew I'd most likely not see Nick again. Not like I had this week. She would get her way. She would pull him back in. He promised so many times it wouldn't be like that anymore. I already told myself no getting my hopes up though. He has broken so many promises before.

As we walked through the cafeteria her voice rang off the walls.

"NICK!" Liz

"Liz I gotta grab my books."- Nick

" YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL WE TALK." Liz

" Can you stop yelling? Everyone is staring at us." Nick

She crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

"Well what do you have to say for yourself?"- liz

I gave him a sympathetic look and headed to my locker. Not only would Nick have to face Liz today. I was waiting to be confronted by her as well. That "somebody with a secret" was me. That secret being my journal. After I got her part in the play she wanted to get back at me somehow . So during rehearsals she went through my bag and stole my journal.

Her original plan of torture for me was to copy my entire journal then post it all over school. After reading it and realizing the entire thing was about Nick she thought of a better punishment. She would take him like I had taken her part. 

She returned it but she copied it first. For an entire year she has had it at her disposal. She's never had a reason to use it though until now. I walked up to my locker and started opening it when I heard Nick come up behind me.

" She is insane. I don't even know why I put up with it."- nick

" Honestly Nick... (I opened my locker and there hung a copy of one of my journal entries. It was covered in large red writing.

"What's that?" Nick

I grabbed it down as fast as I could.

" I don't know." I totally did know and I didn't need him to see it.

"Let me see it." Nick

"No, it's nothing just someone messing with me."- em

I started crinkling it up.

"Em!"- nick

He reached for the paper. My heart was racing.

"Anderson! Come over here."-