chapter 2

"what are you doing tonight?" -

"Well Mom I'm going to make these hot pockets and then I'm going to sit on my bed and watch Netflix until I can't blink."- em

" I thought you were going out with Nick tonight."-

"Yes so did I. Just like I thought for the past 10 months. But he is going to see Elizabeth."- She really hates being called that and I get a small satisfaction out of saying it.

My mom looked me up and down in my ripped skinny jeans , blink182 t-shirt, and my pickle Rick socks.

"Perhaps if you put a little more effort into your appearance Nick would choose to be here with you instead."-

"Pickle Rick is highly offended by your comments." I grabbed my hot pockets and walked to my room and slammed the door.

My mom is no taller than I am but she wears 3 inch heels at all times. Her hair reaches her hips and she gets it dyed platinum blonde every 3 weeks. She tans so often she could use Cheez-Its as a highlighter. If you saw her next to me and Liz you would assume she was her mother and not mine.

I can't even roll my eyes hard enough at her comment. For starters I love my clothes. Secondly Nick bought me these socks and they are my favorite.

I am in no way ugly. More like a emo pixie. Nick used to tell me I was his Alice. She was always his favorite character and he had a huge poster of her on his wall. I even got her hair cut because he liked her so much. It was at that point I started to think maybe he was into me like I was into him. Who would have thought he actually wanted a Rosalie.

I looked into the mirror and scrunched my nose. Tilted my head and looked at myself as her words played again.

Perhaps if you put a little more effort into your appearance Nick would be here with you instead.

Maybe she is right.

Facebook Notification

I grabbed a hot Pocket, jumped on my bed, and opened my laptop.

Nick Anderson is in a relationship with Liz Thompson

Comment:
👎👎

Delete

Comment:
Anyone want to bet on how long it will last this time?

Delete

Comment:
Hey ELIZABETH did you check with the other guy you are banging to see if he is ok with you changing your relationship status...  I hate you

DELETE

I slammed my laptop shut and pushed it to the floor. No Netflix for me. Not feeling so well all of a sudden.

xxx

1 week later..

Nick: doing anything? I could really use my best friend right now. :/

Em: you know better than anyone I'm literally doing nothing right now.

Nick: you are the best. See you in an hour?

Em: of course.

I jumped up and put on a pair of black skinnies, a tank top, and my vans. Then I went and did my hair and makeup. As I put on my green day hoodie I heard my phone vibrate.

Nick: 😕 reschedule? Sorry for the short notice.

Why did you even get out of bed? Damn it Em you knew he was going to do this.

Em: uh yeah.. sure

Delete

No... Fuck that. She doesn't get to do this today. I threw off my green day hoodie and put on a pink flannel over my tank top. Then I swapped my vans for a pair of knee high boots. I walked straight to Nick's front door before I could talk myself out of it.

Knock knock...

"Hey.. I sent you a message I gotta reschedule. I'm sorry"-

"No. Nope not today."- em

"What?" Nick

"We are not rescheduling. We are leaving right now. Together."- em

"I'd love to Em. It's just..."

"Liz? She wants to talk.. fix things?"- I tried not to sound annoyed.

"...yea."- Nick

"Well you can do that later."- em

"I kinda told her I'd be on my way now"- nick

"Good let her worry a little. You have cancelled on me for 10 months. Today we are hanging out. I promise to have you home by 8pm. I can even drive you to her house. But right now nick you are going to turn off your phone and get in my car ."- em

"Who are you and what have you done with my small passive Alice?"- Nick

"I left her in my closet with my sneakers. Get in the car"- Em

"One condition. I (I threw the keys at him) get to drive" nick

Nick started laughing and powered off his phone.