Chapter 1

There was a comfortable silence surrounding the air inside the car, in which, two men sat in. The journey has been peaceful so far, that no words need be exchanged. Everything was calm outside. The night sky was hung with hundreds of tiny stars while the bright moon out stood them all. The car was travelling underneath the darkness, getting closer and closer to its destination. While one was focused on driving, the other had the opportunity to ponder about their destination. He had doubts about this whole thing but decided to keep quiet as to not ruin the others excitement. The other however shared these doubts but let his eagerness take over.

"Jin hyung?...", the other spoke hoping to catch his attention.

"Hmmm?", Jin hummed, signalling his was listening as he stared out the window.

"Are you okay? You just seem... I don't know, a little out of it, I guess."

Jin nodded. "Yeah, don't worry Namjoon-ah, I just have some suspicions about this whole thing. Something just feels off," he said.

Namjoon agreed with Jin but he was convinced it was only instinct and that everything was okay.

"Don't worry too much Jin hyung, you're just over thinking things. Every thing will turn out fine, I promise."

Jin hoped that was true. That he just let his mind go out of control and in reality the situation was completely okay.

Oh how he wished that was the case.
-----------------------------------------------------------

As they got closer and closer to the destination, the atmosphere grew tense. Namjoon was nervously tapping the steering wheel, while Jin started blinking a lot more often, a habit he often did when he is nervous.

Jin was trying to process the series of events that lead them to here.

First they got a text, from an unknown person, stating that they were one of Namjoon's childhood friends. They said a name in which Jin doesn't remember, but Namjoon seemed to recognize it. The unknown person invited them over to their house to 'hang' out and catch up, but Jin, for some reason he can't figure out, doesn't believe it. His mind won't allow him to.

'It's fine' he kept telling himself over and over again, hoping that if he tells himself it enough times he may believe it.

His thoughts came to a stop as they finally reached their destination.

Namjoon and Jin slowly got out the car and gasped at the sight before them. Right in front of their eyes was the most amazing mansion they have ever seen. It was like something from a movie. Their car was parked on a gravel path that lead towards the house. There were many plants and flowers adorning the front of the house, with colours ranging from dark blue to bright yellow. What was the real masterpiece, though, was the building itself. It had many windows accompanying the engraved outer walls. The front door was at least 3 meters tall, with the house being over 4 stories. Jin felt like the house was sort of... unrealistic. Everything looked too perfect.

They decided to stop admiring the building and walked up to the front door. After looking at the mansion Jin's suspicions grew. He still wasn't sure why he felt this way. Perhaps it was the way the building towered over them like a fortress or maybe it was the silence that surrounded the area. Not a bird nor a cricket could be heard or even any sort of animal. Jin considered this to be weird since the house was located in the middle of a forest.

Namjoon was just focused on the future events that will occur and how it will turn out. Namjoon was nervous, to say the least. He hasn't seen this person in years and used to consider him as a best friend when he was a child. He was thankful Jin was by his side, otherwise he would be in his car driving back to his and Jin's place.

Mabye it would've been better if he had.

Hand in hand, they both make their way up to the front door.

____________________________________________