3.Once Upon a sitter

Dear ------,

I had grown a little by now, I had changed as well, my hair was longer and I was happier. The lady grandma sold me to never beat me nor called me anything insulting because she was hardly around. I wanted to stay happy and forget about where I actually came from, but life hadn't changed. It was just taking its time.

Whenever my supposed mom had mysteriously disappeared, I was left a babysitter.

So once upon a sitter, this girl in her seventeenth year came in the guise of a friend. She played doll house with me the first day then we played hide and seek. It was fun until the games got too tiring. All she wanted to do was play this game where she was my mother and I was the baby. She made me do ineffable things that I later found out was never a game and no child should ever experience it.

One day when she was ripping past my once underside of chisled diamond in a limelight of purity, I asked her if we could stop playing. She smiled then she got off the fluffy square made of cotton and clouds; and punished me with a whip that left colours of blue and black on my skin for weeks. When mom asked me about it I told her that I fell down the stairs because you said if I told her the truth then she'll play with me too. I guess you made me into a doll, an inanimate object for someone else's enjoyment.

-Minerva [5 years old]