5.Sky

Dear -----,

They said that history  repeats itself, and that includes hurt. After my so called brother had finally left  and my first sitter got married, I was at peace . I thought I would never see these faces again, I was willing to forget but no! I had to remember them, these memories could never be forgotten because they resurfaced whenever I tried to drown them.

I had grown up well by now, 8 is really big, I was independent and bold. I was sitting in the same place my mother told me was home. The day had begun to spread into an indigo of dusk and the sky was painted into a dark pastel of colors. It was a sight I loved to behold until you destroyed it. I could no longer sing in the rain or even look myself in the mirror without hating the person you turned me into.

That fatal day when you showed up by our house and you said I was just like my mother. This woman I considered my mother, let you in and treated you like a guest.  You didn't deserve any of it. Your bald head and those tiny black eyes of lust destroyed me into more than a million pieces. I had nothing left after that. I lost hope and I was tired of myself. I regret the day I refused to fight , the day I froze and let you touch me. Those big hands with wrinkles that faded into your skin. I should've fought back...but I was a coward and my boldness made the darkness from the sky become the replica of my broken soul .

I was 8...just eight, I cried everyday after that. The faces never faded but reappeared in daunting nightmares I could not erase. Even after you died two years later, you still mocked me old man.

-Minerva