Stars

Hey guys! Welcome to my story. This is my first ever story on wattpad so there are alot of things I'm still adjusting to, but please bear with me. I'll be updating as regularly as I can and I'd always appreciate your feedback. I also want to mention that although this is a romance novel, Rey and Kylo can't exactly jump from being mortal enemies to being lovers, they have to build a relationship first. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, whether you are a Starwars fan or not.

Padme

***

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."

~William Shakespeare

Rey

Stars. Giant balls of gas that burned furiously, releasing flames that could melt the largest ship from a distance. So powerful and untouchable, yet like all things they eventually faded out gave their souls up to the galaxy. What were they really? Tyrants? Guardians? Or just twinkling lights in the distance...

"Incoming!!" Finn's cry of alarm instantly snapped me out of my thoughts. It seemed my mind had wandered so far away into the stars that if had completely forgotten to put our ship on autopilot and we were, you guessed it, heading straight for an asteroid field.

Finn dropped quickly into the copilot seat and grabbed the ships controls with his hand, frantically pressing buttons with the other. I glanced at him. His forehead was heavy with beads of sweat and his shirt rumpled. Had he been sleeping? Or just trying to?

"A little help here would be nice." Finn said impatiently as our ship swerved in and out of the path of each passing asteroid. Not knowing what to say I turned to the navigation panel and started plotting the safest possible path out of the asteroid field. Finn steered the ship, following the path as best he could, and before I knew it we were gliding peacefully through space again.

Once we were safely on our course and the autopilot was set, Finn swivelled his seat around and faced me with an angry glare. "What. Happened?" he asked slowly, still breathing heavily and staring deep into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I replied. "We must've gone off course".

"Rey we were way off course. Like, way off. How exactly did our ship just wander into an asteroid field?" I could sense the irritation behind his words, and yet I had a feeling not all of it was because of me.

"I'm sorry." I repeated. "I wasn't paying attention". Finn just stared at me and didn't say a word.

After a few minutes he let out a sigh and seemed to relax a little bit, perhaps he was just tense after all that had happened. "We'll be approaching the base soon. Try to land the ship without crashing please". I ignored his sarcasm and turned back to the panel. Then I turned back to him, he was already walking away.

"Finn?"

"Yes?"

"Are you...okay?"

He hesitated for a moment. "Yes Rey I'm fine." he said, and turned away. The thought of reading his mind to find out what was really bothering him occurred to me, but I dismissed it immediately. I couldn't use my powers like that, especially when it was on someone close to me. It was not the Jedi way.

Who was I kidding, I knew nothing of 'The Jedi Way'. I knew nothing about being a Jedi at all, except that we used our powers for good and not evil. Then again, there was a thin line between good and evil nowadays.

Master Luke had refused to train me, no matter how much I had tried to convince him, and so Finn was taking me back to the rebel base on Umbara to talk to General Leia. Perhaps she had some other secret Jedi sibling who would help me.

As the ship continued to glide through the empty abyss of space, a thought crossed my mind. What if I could find a teacher on my own. Someone force sensitive, but not a Jedi. Someone like...

Beeep! The navigation panel set of an alarm that interrupted my thoughts once again. I looked up to see a blue planet in the distance, half of it shrouded in clouds and mist.

Umbara.

***

Well that was the introduction, hope it wasn't too mild for you guys. In the next chapter we'll switch to Kylo's POV and see what he's been up to. Anyway don't forget to comment and vote if you feel like, like I said feedback is always appreciated. Thanks for reading, I'll post the next chapter soon :)

Padme