Why Should I Trust You?

"For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first."
~Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

Kylo

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could see our base on Coruscant, heavily guarded, almost impenetrable. Then I saw a city, crowded with life forms from across the galaxy, some trading some hawking, some stealing. I looked further. I saw forests stretching out, memories of a child lost in the woods. I heard the mother calling. The child was crying. I took another deep breath.

Then I sensed her.

Her presence was unmistakable and our connection strong. Did she feel it too?

Rey. I remember her name from when I had interrogated her. It was wrapped in so many memories.

Rey. I called again louder this time, more commanding. I know you're there.

Nothing. Silence.

Why are you calling me? She responded. I could see her. She was on a ship, but heading where?

Where are you going? I asked.

She hesitated. I don't see why I should tell you. You'll only hunt me down and finish what we started.

I have no intention of killing you. I only want to talk.

Talk? Talk?!! What could you possibly want to talk to me about? Should we start from where you tried to kill me or how you killed your own Father?

She was angry, I could see it on her face. It was slightly amusing.

Rey, you need help. You don't know how to use your powers yet and they will consume you. The look on her face told me that she was not listening.

That may be true. But the help I need certainly won't come from you.

And why is that?

Because you're a monster.

The words settled in my mind but produced no effect. I'd spent enough time torturing myself and I would not let this scavenger get to me.

Yes that may be true, but I can train you. I can teach  you things you never even knew were possible.

Why should I trust you?

I am not asking for your trust. I'm asking you to let me train you.

They are one and the same. And why would you care whether I was trained or not?

Because you have...potential. I want to see it used properly.

To Serve The First Order? Why would I ever...

No. She misunderstood. I would never let her become a slave of the First Order, she was destined for...greater things.

Those are not my intentions.

Then what are your intentions Kylo?

I looked at her, wondering how she knew my name. Then again, her Leader was my mother. So she calls me Kylo now.

To train you. Think about it.

I opened my eyes and took a deep breath. Rey was gone

I had to find out where she was headed.

***
Hey guys, Padme here. Hope you're enjoying the story so far. For now I'll be posting on most days of the week, and feedback is always appreciated. Don't forget to vote...have a great weekend :)