The Ruins [7]

HEY I'M BACK. HOPE NONE OF YOU LEFT. HAHA. (•ω•)

The gigantic screen lit up once again in a dramatic fashion. The brightness that radiated from it had caught all their attention, making all chatting cease.

Toriel had disappeared from the visible part of the pixelated game and Frisk had followed suit. Entering the gates, a new setting was revealed.

It was none other than the RUINS.

"Wow! I've never been in there before, it looks so pretty! I mean, cool!" MK had exclaimed with such excitement that his cool had vanished for the sake of the compliment. You could hear a certain skeleton snort in amusement.

"Why thank you, dear. I try my best to maintain its natural beauty after all." Goat Mom smiled gently, bubbles of slight pride towards her work forming inside her. It was definitely quite lonesome in the RUINS; therefore, she really had nothing to do aside from reading snail facts and baking pie.

A yellow and shiny object was placed below the giant staircase, right where the middle was. Frisk walked towards it and it let out a sound.

"WOWIE! WHAT IS THAT?" Papyrus' eyes twinkled like the star that was actually a save point, unbeknownst to most of them.

"Is that some sort of device?" The intellectual, Alphys questioned, mostly to herself. She was curious about it and wonders why Toriel didn't take notice of it.

Black text appeared once again,

*The shadow of the RUINS looms above, filling you with DETERMINATION.

Flowey squinted his flower eyes, this was apparently the moment the brat knew she had power over the timeline. He glanced at the small and quiet figure, still no note-worthy reaction from the child. What a great actress.

*SAVE POINT: HP fully restored.

"It's like a... Healer or something! That would be helpful." Undyne shouted, thinking of future battles. Not like she would need the healing anyway.  Alphys was beside her, possibly thinking of new inventions to help both monsters and humanity after this whole ''reacting fiasco''.

"Save Point? I don't recall having something like that in my catacombs," Toriel speculated, seeming to be deep in thought of what it truly is. Most glanced at Frisk, who subtly sunk down on her chair.

'Oh no...'

"The power of DETERMINATION..." Asgore inquired, looking down at his feet, making Alphys realize that the star was simply not a machine. Fortunately for Frisk, the monsters turned their attention to their king, puzzled by his words. There was more to what meets the eye. Everyone was either silent in observation or mumbling words of bewilderment. Mettaton was mentally taking notes, thinking of the big hit this was all going to be.

And the rest of the background characters, I mean, citizens of the monster world, were just staring at the screen. They all thought the same thing,

'We sure missed out...'

Frisk had already followed Toriel into the first puzzle room, revealing a quite simple problem ahead.

Toriel: *Welcome to your new home, innocent one.

Flowey scoffed silently, "Innocent," he mocked. Sans barely spared a glance, but that was enough to shut the flower up.

Toriel: *Allow me to educate you about the operations of the ruins.

"WOWIE! PUZZLES! WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON, MISS QUEEN GOAT MOM TORIEL." Papyrus beamed in delight, happy to share his love of puzzles with someone.

"You can just call me Toriel, Papyrus. No need for such formalities." Toriel's lips tugged upwards, amused with the skelebro's enthusiastic reaction to such a simple thing.

"In fact," Toriel continued. "That name for me is quite confusing."

"you mean..." Sans piped up, his joking grin present and prominent.

"BROTHER NO-"

"the name-"

"Sans, please stop." Grillby 'said' from somewhere at the back.

"is quite puzzling?"

"NO." Papyrus scolded and collective groans erupted from all over the cinema. Sans remained unfazed, his signature smile seemingly wider than usual. The air was light and comfy, all the monsters seemingly relaxed.

Until...

Sirens suddenly screeched, alarming all of them, breaking their relaxed stances into an alert ones. The screen didn't look normal at all.

IT SEEMS THAT WE'RE GOING A BIT SLOW. I NEED THE READERS TO VOTE THE SCENE TO BE PRESENTED NEXT.

LET'S STOP THIS PACIFIST ROUTE.

HEHE. GREETINGS! IT'S ME!

Okay, PBD here. Please comment down ONE scene you'd love to see them react to next. I'll include past votes, too. Thank–

Are some text not appearing? It's glitching a bit, tell me if it is.