Chapter 2: By the abyss

"Little master?", Hyunjun heard from the door. Turning to its way, he saw his most trusted maid looking back at him, door half open. He nodded at her to get inside, closing the notebook he was writing his latest homework on, attention fully on the woman.

"Did you get it, noona?"

She smiled at him, showing him the drone that moments before was hidden behind herself. Hyunjun didn't know what to think about it, should he be happy or should he be worried instead? Anyway, he was glad the device was now on his hands, and not forgotten - or worse, caught by one of 'his' security staff, that was mostly his father's.

"Thank you, you can put it in here", he said, moving his stuff to get the device some space on the table. "This will be all."

He smiled at her honestly, with the woman nodding in return and turning on her heels to leave, but then the boy remembered, you shouldn't keep traces of his actions, keep them at minimum.

"Wait, Cao Lu-noona?"

She looked back at him. "Yes, little master?"

Hyunjun breathed in, keeping his focus. Then, he smiled once again at her, staring into her eyes. "You did well, but you look tired now. You should go to your bedroom and sleep until tomorrow morning, and" he paused to lick his lips. "And once you wake up you'll forget that I requested you to get the drone for me, alright? You will forget about my request, and about the drone entirely. Okay?"

She stayed a few moments staring still, eyes blank. But then, after a few quick blinks, she was again smiling and nodding at him. "Good night then, little master."

The boy gave her a quiet nod as he watched her leave the younger's bedroom. He sighed once she was out of his sight, he really hoped he wouldn't get caught, or at least, not so soon. He knew nothing missed their eyes and ears, well, save for the practice room, so it would probably bother him later. Yet, he hoped he would have some time to move before getting caught.

Hyunjun decided to leave it aside for the moment and turned to the drone's direction.

"Now what do I do with this...?", he said out loud as he got closer, staring at the foreign thing. He obviously knew what a drone was, but never saw one from so close nor knew how it worked. Besides, it seemed broken, he noticed, taking it into his hands and analyzing it. It did fall from a high height after all. It was bothering how, whoever was behind the control seemed to know so much about mechanical stuff, yet here he was, clueless, with something that could be a hint to this bigger thing he was so alienated about, but needed so much to discover.

He stopped thinking of the object to start thinking of the person controlling it. Why were they looking for something on his window specifically? They seemed to be searching for something, but why there? Were they-- no, was him connected to the same thing after all? Was a coincidence? It was all so weird, but it would be stupid of him to think it was just a coincidence, and the timing just made it worse, the clock was ticking and this was probably just another sign that he should get ready, and by get ready, it includes putting his plan into action. Maybe, if - no, Hur Hyunjun, don't be a pessimist now - when he manages to get out of this place, he should track down this Chanhee, or something, and Hyunjun would probably get an--

Wait. Who the hell is Chanhee?

He stopped his line of thought to try to remember. Who was this Chanhee and where did he know him from--

Ah. Yeah. He tried to get into the person's mind. The one controlling the drone, and it actually worked. That's why he knew the name. His name was Chanhee, Choi Chanhee, born April 26th, 1998, abandoned at young age, kind of adopted by a same age friend--