Five • Alive

Marius' lips were warm and soft and delicious. He tasted like the earth, like life, and I drank in his breath as he moaned into my mouth. Our tongues massaged each other in a passionate dance as his arms snaked around my back, leaving gooseflesh in their wake.

He pulled me to him, and I wound my fingers around the back of his neck, straddling him in a tight embrace. It was like we were magnetized, our bodies crushed together by a force beyond recognition.

His arms seemed to concompass my whole back, his essence wrapping my entire body up in a cocoon of heat. I clutched at him, holding on as if I would slip away, and I never wanted to slip away, never wanted to leave his lips, stay connected forever.

We breathed in asynchronicity, taking turns absorbing each other as we kissed. It felt like hours, years, but also a millisecond, a speck of dust in a limitless universe.

When he started to travel down my jawline, I whimpered at the loss of him in my swollen mouth. He reached up and took a fistful of my hair, tugging my head back to expose my throat, and a deep moan leapt from me. He growled against the hollow of my neck as he kissed there, and I squirmed against his lap, drowning in his utter maleness.

The arm that was around my waist immobilized me with impossible strength as Marius continued to work at my throat, sucking and nipping and licking. I thought I might actually die from being so turned on, I needed friction so badly and his tongue was hitting every sensitive part of my skin.

I wanted to beg, plead with him to let me move, let me just take control. But being so utterly helpless to him was so hot. The torture of having to take his teasing was delightful even in my frustration.

A very small voice in the back of my head was telling me to be careful, careful with this man I'd just met who was now groping me on the edge of a cliff.

Oh, fuck, the cliff. I froze when I realized that if I leaned back I would fall to my death. A vision of my broken body sandwiched between the two mangled lovers flashed before my eyes.

Marius let go of my hair instantly, blue eyes soft and concerned as he pulled back to study my face.

"Is this okay, love?" He asked quietly, without a hint of accusation in his voice. I almost laughed when it dawned on me that he thought I'd clammed up because of what we were doing. In truth, I was perfectly okay with what we were doing, just not exactly where we were doing it.

"Oh, god, very okay," I assured him, blushing at the breathiness of my voice. "I just... I just remembered we're on the side of a cliff. Made me a little nervous, you know, what if in the heat of the moment..." My mouth clicked shut on my rambling, and he chuckled, relief twinkling in his gaze.

"I won't let you fall," Marius said, tightening his arm around my back once again, and my pussy clenched as his hard length crushed against it through our clothes. Our clothes that felt far too restrictive for this moment. "But we can move, if the lady wishes." His smile was devious and gentlemanly all at the same time and I almost wanted to slap him for being so damned attractive.

I hesitated to answer, as I felt there had been an unspoken question between his words. That cliched 'do you trust me?' that the hero always asks the heroine far too early in the story, when she really has no business trusting him yet.

It had always made me scoff, roll my eyes, laugh, feel like I knew better. But here I was, in my own precarious moment, wrapped around a man I barely knew, impossibly horny and entertaining the idea of fucking on the edge of a mountain because the danger was exciting.

Because, in essence, yes, I trusted him not to drop me.

I didn't want to think about how fucked up that was. Our twenties are supposed to be for reckless behaviour, no? Isn't that what life is all about? Making stupid decisions, for the sake of-