Chapter 35

I've been playing Pokemon Ultra Moon since I got it for Christmas. Also, I only have one more episode of Beyblade to catch up on. Since I don't have cable anymore, I have to watch the newest episodes of Beyblade on Youtube. And the episodes come out on Thursdays, so on Thursday, I'll get to figure out who wins the National Tournament. Yay! At the moment, I am listening to The Greatest Showman soundtrack. If you haven't seen the movie, it's amazing! I've already seen it twice and I recommend that you watch it. Anyway, on that note, let's begin.

Gladion's POV

I open my eyes and slowly take in my surroundings. 'This isn't Aether Paradise or the storage room' I think to myself. While sitting up, I look around for Faba. He is sitting on a bench outside of the cell that I am locked in at the moment. 

"Faba," I growl. He smirks and stands up. I glare at him as he walks closer and stops right next to the cell. 

"Need something, Gladion?" He asks me. After getting onto my feet, I grab onto the bars of the cell. 

"We've moved locations. We're not inside of Aether Paradise or the storage room anymore, so where?" I demand. He laughs and begins to walk away from the cell.

  "As if I would tell you that. You know you don't scare me. I don't have to tell you anything, you little rat. Though that was clever how you managed to slip Type: Null past me. I'll find him sooner or later," Faba replies.  

I form a fist with my hand at the mention of Type: Null. Then, I watch him leave the room. I look down at my hand and laugh at the key that's resting on my palm. After listening for footprints and assuring that no one is around, I stick my hand through the bars and place the key in the lock. I hear the click and then slowly push the door open, trying not to be too loud. My next move is to leave the room and try to a) figure out where we're at, and b) find my Pokemon. As soon as I leave the room that I was being held captive in, my first goal is already achieved. The scent of salt water fills my nose and the sound of the waves echoes in my ears. 'Okay, I'm on a boat. Now what? Oh right, Pokemon' I say mentally. 

I head to the captain's quarters of the cruise ship, glad that my family had once gone on vacation on this very vessel. My footsteps don't make too much noise as I jog across the deck and over to a door. No one stands inside of the room, so I open it and head inside. Thankfully, I do find my belt with my Pokeballs attached laying on a table. But there are also tons of other Pokeballs laying on the same table. I grab a bag that is nearby and stuff all of the Pokeballs inside, hoping that the police can help me return the Pokemon to their original owners. While mentally going through the layout of the ship, I try to figure out where the nearest lifeboat might be.

I move to the right, hoping that the lifeboat is there, where one should be at. I hear voices coming from ahead, but none of them sound like Faba. I sigh with relief and challenge the people to a Pokemon battle. Of course, without Type: Null, the battle takes much longer to win. The people let me pass them and board the lifeboat since I won the battle. I lower the boat until it's touching the water and then set it loose. My boat is taken by a wave, but it doesn't go very far. My hands find the oars to the lifeboat and then I smile. I begin rowing, not going very fast since it is my first time. After my arms are tired, I lie down in the lifeboat and decide to take a break. Before too long, I fall asleep. 

*     *     *     *     *

The boat rocks suddenly. I look around frantically, trying to figure out what's happening. Then, I realize that the boat hit land. Relieved, I pull the boat ashore and look around. I see Hau'oli City in the distance. I smile and begin running through the sand, towards the Pokemon center. After first handing Nurse Joy my Pokemon to heal, I decide to ask her about the Pokeballs in my bag. 

"Nurse Joy, I found these Pokeballs. I think that they've been stolen. Could you ask around? And if you don't figure out whose they are, could you give them over to the police?" I ask her. 

"Of course. Thank you so much for saving these poor Pokemon," she replies. I smile at her as she hands me my Pokemon. I exit the Pokemon Center and then begin the walk to the mansion.

"I'm sure she's worried sick," I say quietly to myself. After shaking my head, I break out into a run towards the house. I stop at the door and knock twice. Our butler opens the door and stares at me. 

"Master Gladion?" He asks with disbelief. I nod and reply,

"I'll explain later, but can I please go up and see her first?" He nods and says,

"She's worried sick, sir. Go and see her." I thank him and quickly make my way to Lillie's room. I knock on her door lightly and hear her slowly walk closer to it. 

"Hau, I've told you to text me before just sho-" Lillie stops talking as soon as she opens the door and sees me. She embraces me with a hug in no time and I gladly hug her back. 

"Hey, Lillie," I say to her. She cries a little before replying,

"I'm so happy that you're back. I was so worried, you know?" I pull her closer to me and feel her tears on my chest. 

"Hey, it's okay. You can stop crying now. I'm here," I tell her. She smiles at me and grabs a Pokeball from her desk in her room. She hands it to me. 

"Type: Null," she explains, and I've already called him out of his Pokeball. He nuzzles up against me and smiles in his own way. Tears are forming in my eyes already. 

"I'm so sorry," I say to him quietly before masking my emotions for Lillie. I turn to her, "Thanks for looking after him for me." She nods. 

"Where were you? Once we told Kahuna Hala, you were already gone," Lillie says.

"Faba moved me to a storage room somewhere on Melemele Island for about a week. I think that he realized how easily that Kahuna Hala could have found us on his island. The next thing that I knew, I woke up and I was on the cruise ship we took on our first vacation," I explain to her. She smiles and replies,

"I'm just so happy that you're alright. You don't mind me telling the others, right?" I shake my head.

"Nope, go ahead and tell them. But I'm going to go to my room I think. I need some time to think about things. I'll see you at dinner?" Lillie nods and I walk to my room. After arriving inside, I lie down on my bed and pet Type: Null. He rubs up against my hand and makes me smile.

"I missed you too. I don't know what I would have done if they would've gotten their hands on you," I tell him. He cries out in response. I smile at him and close my eyes. Before I know it, I've fallen asleep again.

A/N- There we go. Another chapter, yay! I'm thinking that I should probably end this book soon, but let me know what you readers think. If you want me to keep writing it, then, by all means, let me know. Like and/or comment if you liked this chapter and comment if you have ideas for future chapters. Thanks for reading!

-jaytheblueninja