one.

Oh my gosh, it's time for chapter one! I can't believe it is! This is insane! Little Svet is back and she is so cute, I can't even. I actually LOVE this chapter and I'm so proud of it, so please, please give me your COMMENTS! It has a lot of fluff so be prepared and excited!

Oh! And just to clear something up about my announcement about the romance in this story: Svet is a heterosexual so her love interest will be a boy. I just wanted you to have your shipping game on point. WHO IS IT GONNA BE?! Canon or OC???

Now ONWARD!

"Stay close to people who feel like sunlight."

She is a child.

Perhaps they forgot that when they tore apart her mind.

She is innocent.

Perhaps they did not take that into account when they taught her how to kill.

When Plan B was birthed into the darkness, the monsters believed she would be a miracle to their cause. And nothing is more horrifying than a miracle. With a mother who believed her to be dead and a father who could never find freedom, she was forced into a life of near slavery. For many years, the child the monsters entitled the Bloody Ballerina ravaged the earth, following after the ghost known as the Winter Soldier. She obediently slaughtered and tortured anyone she was ordered to, taking no mind of the consequences everyone, including herself, would suffer for those actions.

Then everything changed.

She met them, a motley crew of unlikely heroes, not knowing that both her mother and uncle were among the trio. A conscience grew within the mind of the child who once believed in goodness and kindness but had it ripped out of her. She was taught mercy, even though she was never shown any herself. She was taught love, even though she took none of it for herself. She was not herself when HYDRA finally fell during battle at the Triskelion when her father fought Captain America. They made the child forget all that she had grown to know. They had destroyed her mind just so they could use her as their pawn just a little while longer. But they had manipulated and used her long enough.

Now the Winter Soldier and the Bloody Ballerina are free.

The sky is a grim midnight black, only lit up when frightening cracks of lightning slice across it. Thunder booms and the whole wide world seems to tremble in fear of it. Water pours from above, coming in the form of a monstrous rainstorm. The wind howls and screams, threatening to blow a particular boat off its European course. The sea is an inky blue-black and it's terrifyingly vicious as it pitches and throws the little leaky boat about the unforgiving waves.

And inside this little boat is a little girl.

It's so dark as Svetlana Anastasiya Barnes trips through the bay of the boat. All lights have gone out onboard and she can only see when the lightning appears through the holes in the rusting metal, illuminating her terrified blue eyes. Her red hair is plastered to her face and back as her entire body is soaked to the bone from the sea that is pouring in through the ceiling. Her fingers and toes are numb from the cold and yet sweat keeps building on her neck. If she could actually think properly, the thirteen year old would wonder how it is possible to be both so freezing and so boiling all at once. Her stomach churns harshly and, with the way this sea is, she's already vomited four times, making her head feel dizzy with delirium.

Papa had insisted on taking her to fetch a glass of water just before the lights had gone out. In the panic of the crew that had followed, somehow the father and daughter had been separated and she hasn't been able to find him since. Though, really, if she thinks about it calmly, it should be simple. Svet knows that she just has return to where she came from. Only, she doesn't quite know where that actually is. Oh God, her poor little head has hardly been able to remember anything since... since the wipe.