Chapter 1: My mate

Ivy POV

Nature. Something every wolf is connected to, some more than others. I have no other way to start this story other than the way life starts...nature. My bare feet silently tiptoed through the forest surrounding our village. I carelessly braided my blonde curly hair as I walked across the ripped tree trunk. I love nature, I have a deeper connection with it and my father says that's because I'm unique but I believe that's a tender way of saying I'm weird. My father is the gamma of the pack and always has me training in the forest but sometimes I get a bit too distracted.

"Ivy!" I hear my mother's voice carry through the trees and I look in the direction of my house. Sure enough, she was standing at the back door with what smelt to be cookies. Thank god because I'm starving. I race back to the house and grab a cookie on the way in.

"What have I told you about going into the forest with no shoes on?" My mother sat down at the kitchen table, her long black hair cascading down her back. My mother and I look nothing alike, she has tanned skin, I have pale, she has black hair, I have blonde, she has green eyes and I have blue. The same goes for my father and at first, he was adamant I was a bastard child but when I grew up he could see himself in me. Hence me becoming unique.

The pack we were situated in was known as Lupi lunae, wolves of the moon. Our Alpha is a nobleman Alpha Kal, he is a strong leader and a good friend to all those who encounter. His son, on the other hand, Rivon, was as evil as they come. Always breaking rules that do not need to be broken, looking down on others who are different. Looking down on me because I am different.

"Mum, now I'm 18...i should find my mate soon?" I question as we both seemed deep in thought. She nodded and held my hand as I finished the cookie.

"Yes, and he will be everything you dream of child, a caring loving husband and when I have my grandpups he'll be an amazing father...like your father is to you." She softly plants a kiss on my forehead before returning to cook. I step to the kitchen door and she glares at my bare feet, I give her an innocent smile before sprinting off again.

Not long after I came to the border of our territory and I saw something move in the trees. I beautiful deer stood grazing on the grass, I approached it cautiously and bowed my head. It returned the gestured and I place my hand on its nose. I felt a flash of images before we became connected, this is how I connect...i feel what they feel. My eyes glowed a metallic blue as my wolf began to appear. I embraced her, she was apart of me and I was of her. The deer was dehydrated and without a clean flowing water supply, it would surely die. I placed my hands on its chest and began to heal. It all happened so fast as a wolf from the pack lunged for the beautiful creature a clump taken from its side.

"No!" I yelled I fell to my knees feeling the pain the deer felt. It's eyes blinking rapidly as it lay still on the ground. The wolf that attacked shifted to reveal the alphas son.

"Rivon, you can't do that! Your father forbids it." The naked boy laughs in my face as a kill circle of wolves form around me. I try and reach the deer, the agonising pain felt like it was killing me.

"I wouldn't do that." Rivon gave a warning signal of his eyes glowing orange. The rest of the wolves already had their eyes glowing in frenzies.

"You think just because you're the Alphas son I won't kick your ass? I'm the daughter of a gamma and have been training since I could walk." I threatened my wolf taking control of my body, yet I did not shift. Rivon smirked and I took a step forward before another wolf lunged for my throat. I was caught completely off guard and was caught in the wolves jaw. He dropped me to the floor and I felt the blood trickle down my neck, I scrambled towards the deer to boost life source but Rivon stood above me.