what is it like to love?

"dallon, what does it feel like when you're in love?"

brendon has never really been in love before. the only love he experiences is from their fans and his dogs at home.

dallon smiles at the question his best friend asks him with his eyes glued on his laptop.

"and what makes you wonder this, bren?"

"well, i know that maybe someday, i'll find my soulmate, but how will i know that i've found them if i don't know what love feels like? and not just like the love you feel towards your family or something, but the love you feel when you have romantic feelings towards someone. and i'm asking you, dal, because y-you're in love, right?" brendon glances at dallon from across the small room within the tour bus.

"yeah, i'm in love, bren. for sure," dallon smirks.

"okay, well, friend to friend, can you tell me? like, how did you know you were in love with that person?" brendon asks. he was curious to find out what type of person his best friend likes.

dallon smiles and looks up from his laptop, staring right into brendon's eyes. he pats the empty seat next to him on the couch, motioning for brendon to sit next to him. brendon moves to the spot, looking into back into dallon's ocean eyes.

"hmmm.." dallon thinks, tapping his finger on his chin. " how i knew i was in love with this person? it took me a while to realize it, but it finally clicked to me. all the moments i've experienced with them made me realize that i want to spend my entire life with them. i get butterflies in my stomach whenever i'm around them and no matter where we are or what time it is, they're flawless. they have chocolate hair that drapes over their forehead with dreamy eyes that match. they have a voice of an angel and i can't resist them. they're everything i need in my life. i realized that i love them because they were perfect in my eyes."

brendon was in awe. "wow, she must really be amazing. i hope i find someone like that one day.."

dallon stays silent for a little bit, but then laughs gently.

"hey, what's so funny?" asks brendon, confused as to why dallon laughed at his response.

"nothing. you'll find out soon. maybe." he winks.

now brendon was totally confused. what was there that he was going to find out? his thoughts were interrupted by a strong grip on his arm. dallon's hand grabbed brendon's arm and he led him up from the couch. "put some nice clothes on. i'm going to show you what it's like to be in love," he smirks.

brendon recognized that smirk. it was the devilish smirk of dallon when he's up to something. "a-are we going to find my soulmate?" brendon asks.

dallon's smirk slowly fades away to a disappointed face, but he lightens up as he replies, "uh, yeah, sure. i hope so." he walks away towards his room to get ready.

is dallon really willing to help me find love that much? brendon thinks to himself. he really is my best friend, right? he walks back towards his room and throws on a blue button up with a black jacket and skinny jeans. he puts his glasses on as he quickly walks out his room, meeting dallon again in the same spot they were in. he was wearing a pink button up shirt with a colorful bow tie.

"i've never seen an outfit that screams dallon until now," brendon smiles at the way he's dressed.

"thanks? i guess. but we should get going now before it gets dark outside." he grabs brendon's arm again and leads him outside of the tour bus. "hey zack, we're going out, okay?" dallon calls to zack as they pass him outside of the bus.