Dental Check Up

"Mister Spencer Smith?"

A blonde, short nurse called into the waiting
room at the dentist. I shot my eyes to my nervous-looking friend, Spencer, who stood up from the faded brown sofa and followed the nurse through the door that lead to the place where you get your teeth checked. Look, I don't hecking know what it's called, Spencer and I just needed to get our monthly dental appointment, so we went together to get over it.

I exchange smirks with Spencer as he walked through the door. The door didn't close all the way and through the thin opening crack of the door, I spy on them both.

"Hey, I'm Linda. I'll be your nurse for today."
She holds out her hand for Spencer to shake.

"U-Um.. thanks, Linda." He reaches his arm towards hers and they shake hands very slowly and awkwardly.

I start to burst out laughing at the funny situation my best friend was in, earning a few glances from the receptionists. In the corner of my eye, I caught Spencer looking back at the door, glaring at me.

First time I've ever laughed at the dentist.

I fucking hate it here.

My lips always gets crusty dry as fuck and my jaw always aches from keeping my mouth open for like, I don't know, 10 hours or some shit. Oh god, don't even get me started on how they always stick weird ass things in your mouth. This always leaves me in such a grouchy mood. I know that I was gonna get bitchy sooner or later, seeing that I haven't been to the dentist for like, let's see, half a year? I probably have a zillion cavities hanging around my teeth. Let's just hope that this new dentist is better than the other shitty dentist I went to near home.

The door leading to the hallway opened, revealing the same blonde haired nurse that escorted Spencer. "Mister Brendon Urie?"

Oh shit.

I groaned softly and rolled my eyes as I got out of the chair and made my way to the door. "Linda, right?" I questioned.

"Yup, that's me! Just follow me through this hallway Mr. Urie."

I make my way through the hall following Linda. A nurse that passed by holding a clipboard greeted us. "Hey Sarah," I heard Linda whisper as they smiled and waved at each other. Huh, they must be friends. We make our way into a tiny yet cozy room at the end of the hall, where I sit in the reclined chair.

Alright, the nurses are joyful. So far so good.

Linda typed into the computer standing on a table next to the reclined chair. She examined some complicated files that I did not understand what-so-ever and starting humming a catchy tune. "So, Mr. Urie, I see that you are a new client here at the Weekes Dentistry."

"Oh, just call me Brendon. And yeah, It's my first time here because I needed a break from my other dentistry. Too shitty for me."

She giggles. "Well, I hope your experience here is better. So, you're here for just a checkup, correct?"

"I think so."

"Alright, Brendon, I better be getting back to Spencer now. Doctor Weekes will be getting to you shortly."

She walks out the room and shuts the door behind her, leaving me alone in the silent room. Pushing up my glasses, I examine the tiny room. The sunlight was seeping through the window, aiming at the cool, blue ocean tone of the painted walls. The clocked ticked like a metronome. I hummed my favorite song alongside the ticking of the clock, but I was soon interrupted by the clicking of the door opening.